Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust install

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Default Exhaust install

I'm new here...be gentle...Just bought2007 F-150, Lariat with the big Triton engine...Looking to put a dual exhaust ( cat back ) system on.. Looking for a mellow sound...nothing obnoxious...! What kits are out there( if any) and what are the pitfalls I need to avoid..?? All thoughts welcome...

Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Default RE: Exhaust install

Magna flow has a real nice kit for these. aswell as Flowmaster. Call your local exhaust shop. The pitfalls? little more throaty then what you have now. You gain about 11-15hp and 20-25torque. add a cold air intake and you got a great little truck.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:53 PM

Capt. Moe..thanks for the info...next question...will the addition of cold air intake in any way effect Ford warranty or engine settings....???

Old 12-20-2006, 04:07 PM

Possibly, but I am not for sure on that.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:05 AM

Cold Air Intake will NOT void the factory waranty. As you aren't changing anything, pulling out the old air cleaner box and putting a new less restrictive one in, If they tell you it's voiding your waranty tell them to go to hell. You aren't doing anything to the vehichle to change it. It's like saying changing the exhaust will void the warranty. you can always phone and ask. My bet is they will say no, but they might say that a certified tech might have to install it.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 AM

I'd double check before you do it. Putting on a CAI requires the removal of some factory equipment. This is where they may have a beef with it. You could instead replace the air filter w/ a K&N air filter and get pretty much the same performancebenefits as adding a CAI, and you won't be in jeopardy of voiding any warranties.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:08 PM

I installed a Flowmaster Cat-Back system on my 04 F-150 and enjoy the throtty sound. I have also been back for warranty work and have not had any problem from the dealer. Just wanted to say I had to get one for my wife’s truck (05, RAM 1500) and hers sounds much better than mine. Reason is Ford used 4 Catalytic converters to make the system quiet. It isone of the quietest trucks out there. I am in the process of finding a high flow cat to replace the 4 with 2.
Good luck,
Tom

Old 12-24-2006, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Bullitt94

I'd double check before you do it. Putting on a CAI requires the removal of some factory equipment. This is where they may have a beef with it. You could instead replace the air filter w/ a K&N air filter and get pretty much the same performancebenefits as adding a CAI, and you won't be in jeopardy of voiding any warranties.
You don't really remove any factory parts, except for the old restrictive airbox. other then that, all factory parts are swaped over to the CAI parts, MAF and some other sensor near the Throttle body. Call your dealership, they should tell you there is no issues switching old restrictive with new high flow.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:40 PM

Precisely the factory equipment that I was referring to. But as you say, make the call firstto see if it voidsthe warranty.

Old 12-25-2006, 08:07 PM

You’re right about that mod. It may require changing the sensor and altering the computer chip. I have a lot more research to do first. Thanks for the feed back,

Quick Reply: Exhaust install