Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

New Ign and Parts !!!

Old 10-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Default New Ign and Parts !!!

Ok, I just finished getting all the parts for the New Ignition System, New Ignition with keys, New Ignition switch, I got the wifi OBD interface, I downloaded the forescan program and will dig in tomorrow and let yas know how that goes... Is there anything that i'm missing here or do ya think I can do the whole job with what I have... Thanks in advance.. Bob.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Remember you’ll need to request the extended license agreement.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Default No Instructions

It seems that I can't connect to the bluetooth OBD2 on the truck. You mean the license from Forescan.. I will try that also. Nothing came with instructions so I have to guess at this.. I will keep ya posted. I didn't want to put the new parts in until I was sure that I can change the codes without a problem.. Thanks again Hayapower..

Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

What Bluetooth adapter did you purchase? Meaning it’s not pairing, or no comm with the truck?

With the Forscan program open, scroll down to the system info (steering wheel with ?) Copy the Hardware ID number.
On the Forscan site the extended license key generator link is under the downloads page on the site header . Sign In and the opening page will be the Generate Extended License. Your info and the Hardware ID is needed for the download.
The downloaded key needs to be saved to a file that when the load key option is selected, the program/file box will contain the key. The Extended license is good for 30 days
The Pats programming steps are under How To on the site header..

Last edited by Hayapower; 10-03-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 AM

Welp, WIth the Wifi OBD 2 scanner I got it will not let me connect to the truck.. I tried every way possible.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:03 PM

Ok so here's the deal, I'm taking it to the Steelership tomorrow to have the keys programed.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Have the specs for the adapter you bought? Brand, version etc...

Old 10-11-2018, 01:25 PM

Ok, For 80 bucks they programed the keys for me and I sent for a new scanner too so I have it for future repairs. Since I got the truck a few months ago the battery died a few times, I replaced the battery and the alternator too now the NEW battery dies after about 3 days and I have to jump start it. I have the battery disconnected now and running a few tests.
It seems I get 1050 OHMS through the wire that goes from the battery to the fuse box...
I don't get anything from battery to the starter wire.
I get 1043 OHMS through the Black w Red wire that goes from the Battery to the .... Well I can't tell where that one goes to with the generic wiring cd that I got taken on. I am still searching for a shop repair manual. The one I have now shows mostly for a Lincoln or Mark LT so that doesn't really tell me what I need to know.. Some of the wiring colors are off and also different too but gives me a general idea to start with is all. I am usually pretty busy like a doorknob on hookers night but will keep trying, Thanks for all your help in this matter too... If possible can you send me the schematics of the battery to whatever circuit.. that would help pretty good...tks again.

Last edited by F150-07-4.6; 10-11-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:26 PM

No Name or make on this model. The next one will be good tho. I got it from the states and not overseas.. When I plugged it in the power light would come on and that's it nothing else would work.. It could not be discovered on the Bluetooth or the WiFi.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Guess I wasn't very clear,,
The ELM327 adapter has to be a 'switchable' HS/MS Can unit to take advantage of all the diagnostic/programming features and comm with Ford/Forscan program. Bluetooth has about 30’ range, WiFi about 5’
I'll send you some wiring info ASAP

Might try an amp draw reading through the batt/cable to get an idea of the loss. Keeping in mind module sleep times. Being it went flat a few times in a few months could have been an aged out batt (?) with/without a minor draw,, but now that it continually goes flat after a few days would be suspect on replacements. With a meter installed watching the system draw if off spec, removing the loads/fuses may point to the cause.. On a cold engine, the alt case should be as well...

Last edited by Hayapower; 10-12-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Ign and Parts !!!