Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on preformance parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:10 AM
Default Opinions on preformance parts

I would rather loose a race in a Ford then win a race in a chevy, but it still sucks to loose. So I started looking at a few parts for my 92' 150 with a 302 and I want a some opinions on them. Now of course im gonna put on an exhaust, I have a K&N filter element in already and im goinng to get a new coil wires and plugs. But what about things like a throttle body spacer, a cooler thermostat and an underdrive pulley kit? What would be the best spark plugs and are things like a cooler thermostat and an underdrive pulley kit practical for a daily driver? Thoes are just a few parts I looked at, and any input would be awsome.

Thanks
mexiburger

Old 07-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Default RE: Opinions on preformance parts

It sounds to me like you are on the right track for adding a few hp by doing some of the basics. I think all of those items added onto your truck would give you a noticable difference in performance. All would be fine for everyday driving, too.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:50 PM

thanks for the reply, thats just what I wanted to hear. I have a few more questions now though, what would be the best temp for a thermostat and are there any computer mods for something as old as a 92'? Would I need a new belt if I get a pulley kit?

Old 07-24-2006, 04:28 AM

The Mass Air kit is still listed in the Ford Racing catalog, it may be something to check into depending on what you are thyin to do.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:01 AM

You shouldn't need a new belt for the different pulley set. Usually they are just made from different materials to make them lighter. As grampztoy351 said, a mass air kit would add a little power, too. Ter aren't any programmable computer mods for that old of a truck. In fact, I don't think you can get them for any Ford before 1996. You may, however, be able to get a performance module that has a factory pre-programmed signal for your truck. I think if you look on the Superchips website you may find something.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:00 PM

thanks for the info
i have looked on the net at Ford Racing parts and I havent seen a mass air kit, but Im not sure if im lookin in the right place. Ill keep lookin though. I didn't see any thing on the Superchips web site either...

thanks again
mexiburger

Old 07-27-2006, 11:43 AM

If you do a Yahoo or Google search for "performance modules" or "programmable chips" it should come up with a few options. That's what I did and I found about four or five different sites, but I can't remember them off hand.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:35 PM

I didn't see a whole lot but what I did see was a little out of my price range...
what about the spark plugs??

Old 07-31-2006, 02:08 AM

The mass air kit will allow for performance mods ie: cams,heads,headers and other goodies. The down side is they are about $800. Automatic (AOD ONLY) Pn.T-9000-T51 and manual Pn. M-9000-T50 take differant kits. They are 5.0 and 5.8 kits,the same kit will work on both engines .

Old 07-31-2006, 08:10 PM

With plugs, you pay for what you get. If you want "high performance" plugs, I'd say something like Bosch Platinum 4 plugs.

Quick Reply: Opinions on preformance parts