Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problematic 97

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Default problematic 97

i have a 97 f150 with the 4.6L V8. the engine seems to be missing at low rpms. after a few second of the rough running the check engine lite starts flashing. also after about 20 min of running down the highway the overdrive off light stats flashing. if i hit the od off button the truck will run with od off but the light still flashes.

the last problem is not so major but still is enough to make me mad. the truck has the 6 disk changer with the changer next to the back seat. somehow the changer has eaten the cartridge. if it hit cd on the radio it reads no disk and when i hit the eject button it does not give the cartridge back

any help would be greatly appriciated

Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Default RE: problematic 97

First thing you need to do it get the vehicle checked for codes.......this is the only way to find out why those lights are on.

The CD changer probably has something stuck in it, coins, or anything that could fall in there or get slipped in by children who don't know what foreign objects do to cd changers. I have also found many times two cds stuck in one slot, it can happen easily.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:24 PM

It may say in your manual what the flashing lights mean.

I agree that getting the codes checked would be a good first move.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 PM

The flashing ck engine lite means you have a misfire that is detremintal to the catalytic convertor and the pcm will shut off the injector to that cylinder. This is something that needs to be addressed post haste, as the cost of a catalytic convertor is not cheap, and not covered under your emissions warranty.
The od lite might be linked to the ck engine lite as the engine is not producing the power it should and this effects transmission operation.
As for the cd cartridge, you probably have something stuck in it, along with the cartridge.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:26 PM

ITS A FORD
FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
FIX OR REPAIR DAILY
F*CKED ON RACE DAY[:-]

Old 01-15-2008, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: illegalimmigrant

ITS A FORD
FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
FIX OR REPAIR DAILY