Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

'05 F-250 XLT Crew questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Default '05 F-250 XLT Crew questions....

I just took the plunge and bought the first Ford I have ever owned (traded in the Dodge!). I needed something larger for towing/hauling and Dodge just didn't want to sell me a truck very badly. Besides, the biggest engine available (according to the dealer) other than the diesel was a Hemi. That's what I traded in so I wouldn't be gaining a whole lot.

Remote Locks-The distance that the remote works seems awfully short. I have to be damn near in the truck to lock/unlock/alarm it. Is this typical?

Power points-On my truck, the power points are on all the time so Radar and other accessories have to be unplugged each time. Is this typical/normal?

CD/Radio-not very good. Is there a source (other than Ford) for audio equipment that is outstanding for F-250s? By this I mean fit also. I really don't want the radio to look like it was an after thought. Or, are there face plates available that will more or less let you put any system you want into the dash?

Thanks!

Feralhog
'05 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty Crew
V-10, 4WD

Old 06-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Default RE: '05 F-250 XLT Crew questions....

ORIGINAL: Feralhog
Remote Locks-The distance that the remote works seems awfully short. I have to be damn near in the truck to lock/unlock/alarm it. Is this typical?
Try replacing the battery in the remote. Eventhough the truck is new who knows how old the batteries are.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:42 AM

I have the same trouble, I don't think new batteries will help. Let me know what you find out!

CD/Radio-not very good. Is there a source (other than Ford) for audio equipment that is outstanding for F-250s? By this I mean fit also. I really don't want the radio to look like it was an after thought. Or, are there face plates available that will more or less let you put any system you want into the dash?
Yes, there are tons of aftermarket adapters for your truck stereo that will make it look stock/great. Just about any audio shop should carrie them. Even WALMART sells them (at least in my hometown they do). I found a new speaker setup you might like. It fits directly on the bottom of your existing back fold up seats, and includes Crutchfield Seat Subwoofer 300W 10'. Great thing is, they fold up just like your seats do.

Good luck on your truck, I have the same V10, I'd look into a new performance exhaust and a ram air intake, as it'll increase your horse-power (15-20) and torque (20-40lbs), as well as add 1 to 2 mpg to your vehicle.

Thanks, and luck!

Old 06-18-2005, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info!

My wife is gonna have a fit anyway when I start looking at decent stereos. I can't imagine the uproar when I start talking about performance enhancers....... er......that didn't sound right did it?

Old 06-18-2005, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Feralhog
performance enhancers.
Thats funny