Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

06 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Default 06 6.0L

Guys, I have an 04 stroke with a superchip, I love it. My Dad and Brother have 06's with Superchips and they are both very happy. I tried the bullydog and liked it but thought it shifted harder than the SC, I went with the SC because it was $150.00 cheaper. I raced my uncle with his 03 6.0L with the Edge and we were fairly close till about 90 kph, then he walked away. This same uncle is approaching 10000 kms on his new 06, and he wants to try something different in this truck. He alrady has intake and exhaust but he is considering a custom tune vs. a cookie cutter tuner, he is leaning toward Banks but I think he will get more out of a custom tune. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Default RE: 06 6.0L

I was just talking to a speed shop yesterday about this. They said they are about to pull off the bully dog products b/c they are having too many problems here lately. They said that Edge has the best out and it has the most options as far as custom setup. She said Banks is not bad, but does not have as many options and cost more once you buy everything you would need. She also said that the Platium will soon be the only option. Of course, that is the only one I would go with. I personally like Edge and plan on putting this system in my 2004 F250 after the warranty runs out. Apparently, the 6.0 has a head gasket problem and if you have a programer or tuner the dealership is voiding the warranty(at least in the FL where I am). I talked to Edge and he recommended getting a set of head bolts from ARP and changing them. He said that it is two problems Aluminum heads and the bolts are stretching. He said if you change the bolts that you have a real good chance of NOT having the problem. He also said that the 06 has two more bolts in it that he believes Ford put in to correct the problem.