Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

2016 F250 Vibration Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Default 2016 F250 Vibration Issues

I am brand new to the forum. This is my first post. I am hoping that somebody can help me with reaching somebody with Ford to solve my problem.

I purchased a new 2016 F250 Long Bed Crew Cab 9 weeks ago. I have 6600 miles on as I do a ton of highway driving. Two weeks after I purchased the vehicle I took it back to the service department for a vibration at 44mph and 77mph and when you drive highways speeds (70-80mph) on concrete highways. They had it for a day and said I needed a new dampener. I said ok but didn't understand how a steering item had anything to do with the vibration. I actually suggested looking at the tire/wheel balancing. Anyway a week later the part came in and they replaced it.

I was on the highway again 3 days later and no difference at all. I took the truck back to the dealer explaining that it was still having the same problem. The first thing out of the service advisors mouth was that this is not your F150 you know. I showed him the video I took on the highway and he agreed we had a problem.

They then had the truck for 3 days. They road force balanced the tires 3 times. Same issue. They changed the tires and rims to new ones. Same issue. They proceed to tell me that they cannot fix it due to it being the death wobble. Which it wasn't.

A week later the General Manager at the dealership asked me to leave the truck 1 more time for them to try one more thing. I guess they brought some meter in to measure the vibration on local streets. Since the meter did not register high enough for them they proceed to tell me that I don't have a problem but that the vibration is normal for this truck.

This truck will literally have you throwing up on the highway when you drive over a concrete area for more than 1/4 mile. The vibration just snow ***** to a severe shaking in the cab. It will just make you lose your lunch in 2-3 minutes.

I proceed to remind them of how their own service guys agreed we had a problem. How they described it as the death wobble. And how they saw the video on the highway. This is not normal. Then they tell me I need to contact Ford myself to resolve.

What gets me ticked off is that between my personal and my business, I have purchased over $300,000 in vehicles in 5 years from this dealer and I have a 30 year relationship with the owners.

Now they won't even return my calls or emails. I don't know where to turn at this point. I don't want a new truck. I just want this one fixed.

If anybody knows a regional Service Managers number or where to find that number for the Tampa Bay area of Florida I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..
Have a link to the vid, or can you post it?

Old 12-30-2016, 03:34 AM

The video is still on my phone. I will get it Posted
to you tube to tonight and post a link.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:33 PM

Here is the video.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hard to tell what's normal and not,, we have Hwy 505 here, old slab concrete. Used to bouncy my 250 something awful, more so in the right lane from heavy truck use. They did a "cut and tie together" repair ending up in a full surface grind. Huge difference.. Where I'm going is,, Prior to the repair, I would drive along side of other trucks and look at there tires/wheels and I could see them bounce and hop as well.
Those old concrete decks are tough on the stiff suspentioned trucks. If you can see it in 'alike' trucks, may help with what to expect, or what direction to go...

Old 01-04-2017, 03:49 AM

I agree totally. We have a bridge here built about 20 years ago that will rock you no matter if your in a Corolla or a Mack Truck. But in this case, I have friends in short bed 250s that drive this truck and freak, mostly on that stretch of highway. It really is amazing what concrete highways feel like in this truck.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:58 AM

Rickj,
May I suggest putting a sizeable weight in the bed (say 1000 pounds) and redrive the same area at the same speed.
Eric

Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but I have driven it over that area with over that in the bed and still the same.
I took the truck to a new dealer Friday and they knew exactly what I was talking about and seem to have a fix that has worked on 3 other trucks with the same exact problem. They say that changing the Michelin tires to BF Goodrich takes care of the problem. We are going to try it this week.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:49 PM

Rickj,
Very interesting. We are waiting with baited breath to hear how it turns out.
I wonder if the tire combination sets up a sympathetic vibration and is peculiar to that type (make) of tire.
In helicopter land we do a lot with vibration analysis.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:17 AM

Its at the dealer now so once they get done with the new tires I will update as to what the outcome is.

Quick Reply: 2016 F250 Vibration Issues