Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Any Californians out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Default Any Californians out there?

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, I own a 2001 F350 4x4, SC, Dually to tow my home (a 30ft 5th wheel). I travel a lot especially in the Western part of this country. As a female, I don't know too much about mechanic and I do rely 100% on Ford service centers to do the maintenance on my truck (oil change) and to do repairs if needed. In the past 3 years, I've been very happy with all the Ford service centers I stopped at, I never had a complaint.
Today, I brought my truck (which is stalling/ completely dies while I'm driving) to a Ford service center South of San Francisco, CA to have it repaired. The service advisor is asking me $250 just to look at it / run some tests[:@][:@]. He's telling me that it will take at least 2 hours to check the truck for the problem and that the $250 represent hours of labor only. I am furious, this dealership is ripping me off! I never ever paid that much money in any Ford dealership in this country! I know that everything in California is expensive but I think it's outrageous.
Is there any Californians out there that can share with me their experience with their Ford service center? I'm curious to find out how much they charge you, where you go and how happy you are with their service -especially if you live in the Bay area-.

[sm=feedback.gif]

Natacha

Old 04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Default RE: Any Californians out there?

Damn Natt I'd hate to see you spend $250 bucks, then find out it was just the fuel filters.

Where is TRADER4LESS ? I think he live in south cally.

Ask them if it goes toward the repairs or is it just trooble shoot cost. My bet is that the fuel pump and/or fuel filters, not the fuel injection pump which an arm and a leg.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:59 PM

No I dont live in CA but i just replaced my fuel pump in the same 2003 SRW truck. My truck didnt die, but loped real bad (enough for it to move a couple feet forward waiting at a stop light)

Old 04-13-2005, 05:39 PM

You know because you use it to tow a 35ft 5wheel I just assumed it was a desiel. But even if it gas I still suspect fuel pump and/or fuel filter, just leave out the part about the injector pump.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:37 AM

Natt, I hope by the time you read this that your truck is back in safe running order. I will agree with the other posts. It seems you have a fuel supply problem. I live in the South Bay and find the Ford dealerships I go to here to be fair while somewhat more costly than the independent garages. As some advice, I would shop around by phone first and ask for estimates for evaluation time and repair costs.
Good Luck.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 AM

If your truck is a diesel it could be the crank sensor ask the dealer the cost tto have just the codes read should only be a small charge like a half a hour charge. Then if there are codes ask them what they are and if it has one or more codes have to do with crank sensor tell them you want it replaced. It only takes 20 min. to replace sensor and the sensor is around $200.00 range. Do not pay for any pre check crap they are ripping you off.