Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

F-250 Automatics in Australian Outback..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Default F-250 Automatics in Australian Outback..

We know of about 90 F-250s and 350s doing big towing jobs in the Australian Outback... There have been a few automatic failures... Are you experiencing a weakness in the U.S.A? Ours are all 7.3 Powerstroke diesels, 2000 and up to 2006 model, all with 7.3. My own is a 2003, Long range tanks, air bag suspension over springs, ARB Diff Locks, Warn 15000, ARB steel Bullbar, Dual Cab.. My truck would be typical of the Outback equipped Fords. We do towing jobs with Bushtracker Caravans (trailers), maybe averaging 3 metric tonnes (3000kg).. Is there a weakness in the transmissions? Is Castrol Transmax Z a good idea for a auto synthetic? We are thinking that the trans heats up and the mineral oils foam, transmission munches itself. Transmax Z and maybe an additional cooler???

Best Regards, and thank you in advance.. Lone Ranger (I also have a dual cab Mack and travel with horses ... thats why the handle)..