Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

ford- fixed. or. repaired. daily i had enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Default ford- fixed. or. repaired. daily i had enough

i been on here trying to fix my squeeking truck. and ive had it i had everything tested and nothing has happened. but i hope you can help me with this. about an hour ago i put a brand new alternator in and the truck was still squeeking so i sprayed a dash of wd-40 on the belt and the squeeked stopped. then a little more then 30 seconds later it came back and i did it again and the noise stopped. what could this be??????????. PLEASE HELP

Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Default RE: ford- fixed. or. repaired. daily i had enough

Buy any chance is the A/C or defroster's on.[hr]If not I would look at everything that is attached to the belt and make shure that everything is tight including the a/c compressor.[hr]I know how you feel but it is hard to diagnose the problem's over the internet.[hr]Expesillay scince it is a tuff one and you already had mechanic's look at it.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:55 PM

i made sure everything was tight. i took the belt off and spun every pulley nothing has happened. i just put a brand new ac compressor on and it doesnt matter if the defrost or ac is on.
thanks

Old 09-16-2006, 03:42 AM

i am not in front of your truck and i have read what i see and if it were me i would check the following .pullys and see if thay are sharp on top and sides, try to take a sponge with WD and put on back of belt if it stoped look at front of all pullys ,and if not try the back side of belt ,and if that dont work try the straw in the spray for the inside and if it stops at doing 1 of the 4 things ,try to see that everything is in line. when did it start? and how or what might have did it? the other thing is see if 1 of the pullys have a dent in it. loosen the belt, if you can while running , and pull it tight too any change? i hope something might help and if all else falls try a pice of sand papper on front and back of belt it might be a hair wide and the pullys will do this chevys are good for this in V style pullys do this while running it will scuff the belt there might be some crap on it. well you asked for anything on the help and thats what i would try and the plastick pully on top might be broke on the bearing but still spins good i hope that you can read this spelling is not good for me russ