Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

No running lamps no tail lights no instr lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Default No running lamps no tail lights no instr lights

Hi,

we have a 2007 F350 diesel. All of a sudden, we have no tail lights, no fog lights, no running lamps, no instrument lights. Any ideas why?? My hubby checked all fuses, they are all good.

Thanks
Laura

Old 09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: No running lamps no tail lights no instr lights

Hi Laura..

Have him double check fuse F2.17 15amp in the central junction box.. Not only for an open/blown fuse, but 12v there through the fuse.. It supplies power distribution to the headlamp switch/fog light function as well as park lamp relay for the running lamps.. Panel illumination is through the F2.17 also..

Welcome to the site.....

Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 PM

THANKS!! That was it. He must have missed that fuse when he was checking. Thanks again for getting back to us so fast. You saved us a trip to the dealership...

Laura

Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it was an simple fix..

Old 10-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Hi, well it seemed to be a simple fix. It was fine for a day, but now we keep blowing that 15 amp fuse. It must be some sort of control fuse, because when we set the alarm, the lights (interior, running, etc) flash. So they are getting power thru another source.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing that fuse to keep failing??

Thanks!

Laura

Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Had a feeling [sm=headbang.gif]

Usually when a fuse goes, it's for a reason.. Could be the VSM vehicle security module.. Anything aftermarket been added to the truck? Probably should be checked at the dealer level since it's under warranty..

Old 10-04-2008, 01:20 PM

No, nothing after market added. Truck has been great so far. Will give my hubby the bad news. He hates taking it to the dealer!

Thanks for your help...

Laura

Old 11-05-2008, 05:22 PM

Hi!

Still having trouble. Hubby took the truck to the dealer. They could not find anything wrong at that point, fuses would not blow for them. They disconnected the light sentinal on the lights switch. Went fine for about two weeks, then same thing - only now can't find any blown fuses.

Took it back. They still can't figure it out. This time they isolated the alarm system and lights, ut reactivated the light sentinal. After about two weeks, it has happened again.

I am wondering. On at least two occasions, prior to the light failure, I had a 12V DC charger plugged into the powerpoint to charge my camera batteries. Could this be the problem??? Is the power point plug in any way connected to these lights??

What about the gem module. I read something about that elswhere.

Truck is a 2007 F350 Crew cab, dually, diesel, King Ranch. I think it is the 6.0L engine ( It can ru on both the old diesel and newly formulated.)

Thanks for any ideas!

Laura

Old 12-01-2008, 09:32 AM

The dealer has now had the truck for two weeks.

We took it back a third time and they replaced the light sentinal switch and overlaid new wiring. Within an hour of getting the truck home, the same light problem happened.

We took it back and they replaced the vehicle security module. Again, within an hour of getting the truck home, the lights failed again. All my hubby did was drive it home, park in the driveway, lock the doors/set alarm with the key fob clicker. Came out, unlocked truck with keyfob clicker, started truck, no lights.

Took it back to the dealer. They say they have installed fuses on "the other side of the system" isolating components and cannot get the lights to fail again. My husband is very leary of picking up the truck and having problems. It has failed on us three times at night, and we have been pulled over by the police once trying to limp home.

Does anybody have any other ideas? Dealer says they are following the Ford Tech hotline advice on this problem. I have read about the dealer installed alarm causing issues and windshield leaks causing electrical problems. Could these be involved in our problem. The really weird thing about the problem is that when you set the alarm, all of the lights that won't work normally, flash. So they are getting power somewhere??

Need help before hubby goes into depression over his truck!!

Thanks

Laura

Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 PM

i have 2002 f 250 diesel i have no tail lights , park lamps, or tag lights.

Quick Reply: No running lamps no tail lights no instr lights