Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

on a tow truck twice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Default on a tow truck twice!

Ok Im wondering if anyone has heard of this??? I have a 05 F-250SD with a 6.0L Last Friday when it was time to go home from work I went out and hopped upim my "monster truck" as my son affectionatly calls it and waited on the glow plugs to go out and hit the starter... She spun and spun but no rumble to life as she had done not an hour earlier. So not wanting to kill my batteries I waited a few minutes and hit it again but no loyal rumble to 6.0 life!!! Hummmmm That is weard i told myself...I wait another minute and try again and nothing... so not wanting to kill the batts or starter I call my loyal dealership and they tell me to not try again that if i do kill the batts then they cant pull any codes from my lifeless baby!!! so they send "joe the tow truck driver" to get my baby and haul her in..Remember this is Friday. So i Know that I am going to be truckless over the weekend Ugggggg!! but we endure the weekend and I go in to work hitching a ride Monday. I wait all day Monday to hear the diagnosis.. About 4:00 PM I get the call "We cant find anything wrong with your truck" The only code kicking out is a low voltage code for you batteries and that is about $320 + Labor
WoooW I say Dont put nothing in her and Ill be there to get her soon So I get there about 4:30 and they have her running and tell me they jettcharged my batts and they should last untill tomorrow so I can get some batts in her.. After letting my fingers do the walking I find a set of Batts for about $120 so I get to the batt store and they check the batts and entire electric syst.. GTG!!! Whew.. Install 2 new batts 950 CCA's and Im ready to roll!! EXCEPT SHE WONT START!!!!! SAME THING Cranking like a TOP but no rumble to life! WOW I call My FAVORITE dealership again and he cant belive it So he feels bad for me and sends a tow truck for me again! I didnt hear anything the rest of the day on the fate of my baby!! so I am still hitching a ride to work and not hearing anything all day I call them this evening and they said I have a "High Pressure Oil Leak" and they have the motor out of her trying to find it ???
Ill Post as soon as I know more

Affectionatly

Walking to work Tomorrow AGAIN!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Default RE: on a tow truck twice!

That sucks man, I have been in the same boat though, had the same problem. My local dealership which I can't complain about, told me my ignition module and wire harness were fried, also had to replace one battery but that was my fault. Ole girl is still under warranty though so it was a cheap bill. Good luck hope they get you up and going again.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Default RE: on a tow truck twice!

Oh man I hope everything gets fixed for you asap, hopefully you don't have to fork out anymore hard earned cash.

my 01 F250 SD had a horrible sound coming from the engine...they wanted to charge me $120 to fix it, I found the problem and it was a PCV and it cost me $3.50...