Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

weird problem with blinker

Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Default weird problem with blinker

For about the last year my passenger side blinker has been acting up. It intermittently won't work correctly and has gotten really bad in the last couple months.
Basically what happens is when I turn the blinker on it will sometimes work normally but more and more often now it clicks rapidly, when it's doing this the front bulb doesn't do anything but the rear bulb is just blinking faster than normal (my trailer blinker is blinking to fast as well). On the rare occasion when it comes on normally anymore, the front and rear bulbs work just fine.
I just replaced the front and rear bulbs but the problem didn't change any so it's not the bulbs.
One other thing I noticed is that when I hold the blinker lever in the on position just before it clicks into the locked position, the blinkers always work right at that point, and sometimes will continue working right when I push it on up to the lock, but not always and much less frequently now that its getting worse.

Advance auto parts said this truck has no replaceable blinker module so barring that or the bulbs (which are brand new) I have no clue what the problem could be? I'm hoping someone here has seen this issue and knows how to fix it?

thanks!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

If this is the same 05 F250?

When the turn lamp isn't working correctly, try the emergency lamps and see if they all flash at the same speed. If all the lamps work correctly, the multifunction switch is probably bad, more so if you can 'tweek' the lever and get the lamps to flash spec speed.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
If this is the same 05 F250?

When the turn lamp isn't working correctly, try the emergency lamps and see if they all flash at the same speed. If all the lamps work correctly, the multifunction switch is probably bad, more so if you can 'tweek' the lever and get the lamps to flash spec speed.
Thats what I was afraid of

How difficult is it to replace?

It is a 05 f250, the wiper controls are at the end of the lever too.