Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

2015 Ford Focus SE transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 09:29 AM
Default 2015 Ford Focus SE transmission issue

A week ago I bought a 2015 Ford Focus SE with 13k miles from a dealership. I noticed a couple days ago the car would shudder a bit when I accelerated from a slow/near stop. Started to research what it might be when I came across the countless articles about the problematic transmission defects with several focus and fiesta models. I'm not familiar with how this all works so my most important question is: Am I Completely ****ed? Would Ford's warranty cover whatever repairs I need for the inevitable issues? Should I contact the dealership? I'm at a loss. Is there ANY chance at all my car won't have major issues?

Old 03-20-2023, 04:35 AM

Age has as big of an effect as mileage. The car just sat parked most of the time which isn't good for it. A qualified mechanic should have examined the car prior to purchasing. There is no Ford warranty on an eight year old car, regardless of mileage.

An engine misfire can also cause a shudder. A code scan can reveal a misfire if the condition occurs long enough. Your best bet would be to bring the car back to the dealership to see if they would offer any assistance. You would be fortunate if they offered a 50/50 coverage on any repair but you would have seen on the window of the car if the dealer was offering some short term warranty coverage.

Last edited by raski; 03-20-2023 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:39 AM

The timing of coming across this video was perfect. I had to look up others things that were going wrong with my daughter's 16 focus and watched this video "just because". I fixed the other problem that she had and magically enough a few days later she was having the hesitation, slipping problem. Ran the code and of course it show Actuator B was stuck.

snaptube vidmate

Last edited by fdazim; 03-31-2023 at 06:06 PM.