Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

Help! Blower motor resistor question!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 08:29 PM
Default Help! Blower motor resistor question!!

Sooo... first off, hey everybody! I'm new here! 😀
I have a 2011 Ford fusion and the AC stopped blowing cold on any setting except high! I found out that it was the blower motor resistor.
I went to change it.. ordered it on Amazon.. and when I got in there to change it, the one in the car has 4 pins and the one I ordered had 5 pins.
ALL of the ones on Amazon (as well as the auto parts places I've checked online) that say the part is SUPPOSED to fit my car have 5 pins!!
I don't get it!! I don't know WHAT to do! Should I just splice the wires and change the whole thing out? Or can I find the 4 pin wiring somewhere that just doesn't SAY it's for my car?
I'm SO LOST HERE! I can do all the work myself, but I'm getting desperate now.
I live in south Mississippi.. it's getting REALLY HOT.. and I'm a grandmother, driving a couple of grandbabies around all summer.. lol.
It hasn't gone COMPLETELY out yet THANK GOODNESS, but I have to bang on it constantly to get it to blow cool and I know it's just a matter of time until it goes out for good!!
And I CAN'T go without AC! UGHH
I mean... MAYBE I'm even doing something COMPLETELY WRONG HERE.. lol.. I learned what to do from YouTube in the first place.. as I do with ALL of my car repairs and other things haha! So if anybody has any tips, I'd gladly take them!!! 🤯
Thank you in advance for your help!!

Last edited by Msmommi228; 06-05-2021 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:06 PM

Ok so depending on what HVAC system you have there is either a blower motor resistor or a blower motor speed control module.
Based on the fact that you say the old one has 4 pins you have the manual climate control system with a blower motor resistor.
I believe that what you ordered is a blower motor speed control module which cannot be used with your vehicle.
If you cannot find the resistor online you could always go to your dealer to have it ordered using your VIN.