Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Freestar (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-freestar-17/)
-   -   Heat in rear, but no heat in front (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-freestar-17/heat-rear-but-no-heat-front-31500/)

Use Common Sense 03-14-2014 02:29 AM

Heat in rear, but no heat in front

2 Attachment(s)
Just thought this may help somebody.

Ran into this issue about 3 weeks ago. Everything was working fine with the HVAC system until I ended up with no heat in the front. My blend door was not moving to allow heat to enter the plenum. All other HVAC dampers were working fine. I dropped the glove box down and I located the Hot/Cold blend door actuator/motor to the left just behind the radio. I operated the motor and could not feel it moving when changing the temperature. I took the motor off and verified that the blend door moved freely and wasn't broken. I left the motor connected to power and tried to operate it. It would not move, so I opened the motor up. I cleaned it all up and reapplied grease to the gears and the plastic shaft where it goes thru the motor housing. Reconnected power to it and tried it again. This time it was operating just fine. Reinstalled the motor and all is still working fine for the past 3 weeks with no issues since.

grindman 03-15-2014 09:22 AM

those motors seems to always have that problem. thanks for the info.

Use Common Sense 03-17-2016 11:01 AM

Well, just an update to my re-lubing the blend door actuator/motor gears/shaft. It's been 2 years since removing, opening, cleaning and re-lubing the gears/shaft with good old fashion lithium grease. Unit is still working just fine.

Alanah_Rae 03-18-2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense (Post 87508)

Ran into this issue about 3 weeks ago. Everything was working fine with the HVAC system until I ended up with no heat in the front. My blend door was not moving to allow heat to enter the plenum. All other HVAC dampers were working fine. I dropped the glove box down and I located the Hot/Cold blend door actuator/motor to the left just behind the radio. I operated the motor and could not feel it moving when changing the temperature. I took the motor off and verified that the blend door moved freely and wasn't broken. I left the motor connected to power and tried to operate it. It would not move, so I opened the motor up. I cleaned it all up and reapplied grease to the gears and the plastic shaft where it goes thru the motor housing. Reconnected power to it and tried it again. This time it was operating just fine. Reinstalled the motor and all is still working fine for the past 3 weeks with no issues since.

Thanks for the info common !!

Okos007 06-25-2016 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense (Post 87508)

This is a great topic and helped me out just fine with my 2005 freestyle. I did exactly with the front. I have problem with the back. I have hot air coming only, no AC which is a headache. I need it here an CA.