Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Reset Tire message

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Default Reset Tire message

We had 2 new tires put on our 2005 Ford Freestar van about a week ago. After driving it for approx. 15 miles I noticed that the Low Tire Pressure light was on and where your mileage is displayed it was instead flashing "Reset Tires". I took it back and they had supposedly over inflated the new tires, so they fixed them and reset the light. However it was still saying Reset Tires and wouldn't display our mileage . We've had it back 2 more times, 4 times total in less than a week, and they can't get that message to stop flashing. But the tire pressure light is off, and all of our tires are properly inflated. They don't seem to know what to do and since we are about to take a 2,000 mile road trip I'm nervous to drive it with it still saying to Reset Tires. Any suggestions as to what we can do/where we should take it to get this resolved??

Old 06-30-2015, 03:19 AM

All Freestars came with "BANDED" type Tire Pressure Sensors in the tires. The Freestar/Monterey came with battery operated sensors mounted to each of the 4 rims (not the spare). These sensors are banded to the inside center of the rims. Per FORD, the batteries have a life span of about 10 years. You may have one with a failing battery. The warning can come on shortly after any time you rotate your tires or lift any tire(s) off the ground. Have you tried resetting the warning display yourself? I always check my air pressures regardless of what any monitoring system may do. As long as your tires are properly inflated, you'll be good to go.

Here's a link to a previous discussion on this subject: https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford...nitoring-2731/