Ford Freestyle The new crossover, combining the versatility of an SUV with the compact size and feel of a station wagon.

Disabling the Seatbelt Chime?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Default Disabling the Seatbelt Chime?

Anyone know how to disable that super-annoying Seatbelt Chime on an 05 Freestyle?

I have a long driveway, and in the afternoons, I pick up the mail on the way in, and that Chime is awful!

I've ordered a wiring schematic, but it hasn't gotten here yet!

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Disabling the Seatbelt Chime?

Give this a a try...

Preparation
NOTE: The driver and front passenger belt minder are deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this terminates the process.
[ol][*]Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.[/ol][*]Place the transmission selector lever in PARK (P).
[ol][/ol][*]Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
[ol][/ol][*]Unbuckle the driver and front passenger safety belts.
[ol][/ol]
Deactivating/Activating
[ol][*]Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do not start the engine).[/ol][*]Wait approximately 1 minute until the safety belt warning indicator turns off.
[ol][/ol][*]
NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off.To disable the seating position, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending in the unbuckled state.[*]After Step 3, the air bag warning indicator illuminates for 3 seconds.
[ul][/ul]
[ol][/ol][*]Within 10 seconds of the indicator turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.[*]This disables the belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the air bag warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
[ul][/ul][*]This enables the belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the air bag warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then followed by the air bag warning indicator flashing 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
[ul][/ul]
[ol][/ol]

Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Default disable chime

best way i know to disable the chime if you are not wearing the seatbelt that is,is to go to the local ford dealer and ask for a seat belt extension they are free just plug it in your seatbelt socket and away goes the chime