Ford Freestyle The new crossover, combining the versatility of an SUV with the compact size and feel of a station wagon.

Reverse sensors are not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Question Reverse sensors are not working

Hi Techman,

I'm having 2005 Ford Freestyle SEL AWD for 1 1/2 years. It's just running great till now. However since a month I noticed my reverse sensors are not working. I unplugged the reverse sensors and cleaned it and in spite of that still the problem persists. I notice even after u detach those sensor I still can notice the error in my reverse sensor switch (when ever putting the reverse gear the switch indicator turning orange color continuously. I checked the fuse box also but reverse sensor fuse is OK. The system used to used to beep at first time whenever I put the reverse gear and immediately the reverse sensor light will be on, but now no beep except the reverse sensor light will be on. However I'm not sure is there any other problem in the unit which can cause this kind of mal-function. I thought it might be very expensive if I approach any technician. If u need any other info pertaining this problem please let me know. Please find me the solution to repair this problem. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Pubby