Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2.3 liter crankshaft pulley install

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Default 2.3 liter crankshaft pulley install

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion with a 2.3 liter 4cylind double overhead cam engine. The original engine is being replaced and the one replacing it has had a new timing chain installed. According to how the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley is to be installed, a new diamond coated friction washer and crankshaft bolt is to replace the old. That process has been done and the crankshaft bolt has been torqued to the spec of 75 ft lbs with the #1 piston at TDC and the pulley lined up and held in place with small bolt threaded throught the pulley into the face of the timing chain cover. All instructions have been followed with exception of the last one which is to give the crankshaft bolt another quarter of a turn after it has been torqued down to 75 ft lbs. I have tried to get the crankshaft bolt to turn the additional quarter of a turn with no success. It will turn about a sixteenth and move no further. I have used both a impact gun and a 3/4 inch drive breaker bar in an effort to get it to move that additional quarter of a turn. Has anyone else had such a problem? Or, is it absolutely necessary to get the crank bolt to move another quarter of a turn? This last instruction has prevented me from getting the engine back in the car. Any suggestions or information on this issue would be appreciated.