Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Fusion (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-fusion-70/)
-   -   2017 Fusion 2.5 SE - are they slow, or is somthingwrong with mine (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-fusion-70/2017-fusion-2-5-se-they-slow-somthingwrong-mine-36213/)

Steelerdude1 06-18-2017 03:54 PM

2017 Fusion 2.5 SE - are they slow, or is somthingwrong with mine

I got a 2017 Fusion SE with the 2.5 as my new company car. I can't even believe the lack of acceleration. For example, on the highway trying to get by a truck, I can floor it and it seams to grumble in a high gear for a second or 2 before it down shifts. Even then, if there is enough time, the acceleration is very weak.

I had a chevy equinox with a 2.5 and all wheel drive (heavier) and I used to think it was a dog. But comparing it to this Fusion, it was a race car.

Just curious if this is normal, or if there is somthing wrong with this car. It is brand new, I didn't even put 900 miles on it yet.

Been thinking about going to a dealership to test drive a different one, to see if they are all like this. It just seems to really have very little power. I don't want to go into a dealership and ask if all fusions are this week, to have them check it out under warranty. But I may have to, because it's out right dangerous to try to pass on the highway with this little power.

Steelerdude1 06-20-2017 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Steelerdude1 (Post 102468)
I got a 2017 Fusion SE with the 2.5 as my new company car. I can't even believe the lack of acceleration. For example, on the highway trying to get by a truck, I can floor it and it seams to grumble in a high gear for a second or 2 before it down shifts. Even then, if there is enough time, the acceleration is very weak.

I had a chevy equinox with a 2.5 and all wheel drive (heavier) and I used to think it was a dog. But comparing it to this Fusion, it was a race car.

Just curious if this is normal, or if there is somthing wrong with this car. It is brand new, I didn't even put 900 miles on it yet.

Been thinking about going to a dealership to test drive a different one, to see if they are all like this. It just seems to really have very little power. I don't want to go into a dealership and ask if all fusions are this week, to have them check it out under warranty. But I may have to, because it's out right dangerous to try to pass on the highway with this little power.

Update:

my my vehicle was delivered to me in transport mode. Once it was turned off, all is good.

For or anyone having a similar issue, it's easy to turn off.

Turn the the car on in accessory mode, push the break pedal 5 times and then turn the 4 wats on and off twice, then turn the car off.

when I took it for a drive, it was a different car. It can actually go up hills and pass cars.

WyrTwister 06-25-2017 05:12 PM

wats ?

God bless
Wyr