Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2017 Fusion 2.5 SE - are they slow, or is somthingwrong with mine

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Default 2017 Fusion 2.5 SE - are they slow, or is somthingwrong with mine

I got a 2017 Fusion SE with the 2.5 as my new company car. I can't even believe the lack of acceleration. For example, on the highway trying to get by a truck, I can floor it and it seams to grumble in a high gear for a second or 2 before it down shifts. Even then, if there is enough time, the acceleration is very weak.

I had a chevy equinox with a 2.5 and all wheel drive (heavier) and I used to think it was a dog. But comparing it to this Fusion, it was a race car.

Just curious if this is normal, or if there is somthing wrong with this car. It is brand new, I didn't even put 900 miles on it yet.

Been thinking about going to a dealership to test drive a different one, to see if they are all like this. It just seems to really have very little power. I don't want to go into a dealership and ask if all fusions are this week, to have them check it out under warranty. But I may have to, because it's out right dangerous to try to pass on the highway with this little power.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Steelerdude1
I got a 2017 Fusion SE with the 2.5 as my new company car. I can't even believe the lack of acceleration. For example, on the highway trying to get by a truck, I can floor it and it seams to grumble in a high gear for a second or 2 before it down shifts. Even then, if there is enough time, the acceleration is very weak.

I had a chevy equinox with a 2.5 and all wheel drive (heavier) and I used to think it was a dog. But comparing it to this Fusion, it was a race car.

Just curious if this is normal, or if there is somthing wrong with this car. It is brand new, I didn't even put 900 miles on it yet.

Been thinking about going to a dealership to test drive a different one, to see if they are all like this. It just seems to really have very little power. I don't want to go into a dealership and ask if all fusions are this week, to have them check it out under warranty. But I may have to, because it's out right dangerous to try to pass on the highway with this little power.
Update:

my my vehicle was delivered to me in transport mode. Once it was turned off, all is good.

For or anyone having a similar issue, it's easy to turn off.

Turn the the car on in accessory mode, push the break pedal 5 times and then turn the 4 wats on and off twice, then turn the car off.

when I took it for a drive, it was a different car. It can actually go up hills and pass cars.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:12 PM

wats ?

God bless
Wyr