Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

Anyone have a Fusion Hybrid? Whats the gas mileage like on the highway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Default Anyone have a Fusion Hybrid? Whats the gas mileage like on the highway?

Anyone have a Fusion Hybrid? Whats the gas mileage like on the highway?

I know the specs say 47mpg, but I believe the car will use only gas above 62mph, which would mean on a highway were the speed limit is 70 or 75, it would get more like 30 mpg or less, is that correct?

TIA

Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 AM

depends on if you are using the a/c.. how much your hauling around… i.e.: junk in the truck.. and the weight of driver and passengers.
under 56 mph and no a/c expect great fuel economy…
my cousin has a FH and they fill the tank once a month usually doesn't need to be filled, but they like to keep the tank with enough fuel in it, just in case a trip to the ER is required.

just received the programing upgrade. mileage is up…..
also i found that the hybrids are available with two types of tires… goodyear eagles for performance and the michelin eco tire.
the difference is about 5 mpg… the eagle is the one with lower mpg…
also installed the remote start unit…. another method of reducing mileage…

with 1500 miles i'm averaging 35 mpg… my highway speed is between 65-85 mph… and it does use the electric motor only at speeds over 70 mph.. not very often as the electric motor is usually helping the gas engine up hills at those speeds…

i have a few more miles on my rig…. i found the reset for the mpg… it now reads just under or just over 40 mpg.. depending on my right foot…. the low mileage must of been all of the test drives, before i bought the car...

Last edited by tempforce; 10-05-2013 at 08:52 PM.