Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

Buyers remorse

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Default Buyers remorse

OK, I just joined this forum for two reasons---I'm a brand new Ford customer (first time in my life) and I love my brand new Titanium Black Hybrid. However, I allowed myself to be ripped off by assuming the simoniz offer came with the car (yeah, I still do stupid stuff at my late 50's age).

As for the simoniz, I seriously don't want it. They built it into my loan for 895. I know I made a huge mistake by not noticing it . Is it possible for me to cancel the service within the first 30 days ( I did not have it done yet)? I know they allow you to do that for the extended warranty and I was hoping this simoniz scam could be rectified in the same way.

Secondly, I'm seriously disappointed in the mileage performance. Driving 65-70 MPH on the freeway only gets me 33-35 MPG. Most of that was in the adaptive Cruise Control mode. Even around town I rarely get above 40-43. I don't drive like an idiot. I'm safe at all times. Any help on either subject would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by eastsidestu; 05-03-2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added wording
Old 05-05-2014, 05:03 AM

Unless you can get the Dealership/Lender to re-write the loan and drop out the Simoniz offer, the most they could do is reimburse you the $895, but you'll still be paying intrest on the $895 that was reimbursed for the life of the loan. I would hit them up ASAP on it.

Todays cars with the basecoat/clearcoat finish will look good for years with regular HAND washes and a good wax once or twice a year depending on the climate you live in. If you want it detailed, have it done once a year by a professional detailing shop with a good reputation.

I worked at my friends Ford dealership to take up my spare time. I always proved that a good clay bar and a quality carnuba way was alwyas better than the snake goop folks were alwyas trying to get him to sell.

I always clay and wax my vehicles real good in the spring, wash and spray way monthly thru the summer/fall and a good waxing before winter (but that's me).

As far as the highway mileage, the EPA rating is still based on driving at 55 MPH (Like who does that?).

Heck, we had a 2008 Mercury Sable w/3.5L V-6(basically same size vehicle as the Crown Vic) that got 45 MPG on the Highway at 55 MPH, but slowly dropped off as the speed went up. MPG would drop down to 28 MPG at 80 MPH. MPG is always in relation to MPH. Even my 10 year old Freestar with 155,000 miles on it will get 26-27 MPG on the Highway at 55 MPH, but drops down to 22-23 MPG at 70-75 MPH. Last years round trip from NY to AZ it gave me 22.3 MPG for the whole trip.

I personally have never bought a new or used vehicle based on MPG. I will be ordering a new 2015 F-150 when they start taking orders. It will be built to what I want and will probably net a better MPG rating than what Ford will advertize the F-150 for based on how I order the truck.

Last edited by Use Common Sense; 05-05-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM

The EPA estimated mileage is also in perfect conditions, most likely going down hill with no use of the accelerator lol. But seriously they pick the best days and push it to the max. Im very satisfied with getting 33 mpg and I live in Wisconsin. Even in the winter months I usually maintain about 28 mpg and like the OP, I don't drive like an idiot.