Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

DRL and HiD, possible solution

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Default DRL and HiD, possible solution

Hi All

I'm new to the Ford forum, newer owned a Ford before, but got one as a company car, being used to Bi-Xenon the standard lights where not even close, I'm not saying bad...

As the car has DRL and there is an issue to run the HiD kits, I decided to find a simple solution that does not require a visit to a dealer that might not want you to have the DRL disabled.

I you ever measure the voltage going out to the headlamp during DRL mode you will see that the voltage is only 6.9Vdc, hence the ballast will not fire as the current is too high with this low voltage.

I did just install a solid state relay that is triggered with an input form 5-60Vdc, this is then pulling the normal 50A 12Vdc relay for the power supply.

Been testing this setup for a while now and it is working so far with the auto mode etc.

Next step might be that I'll install front fog lamps acting as DRL, I know there will be different opinions about it, but I like that look .
It will be easy as I have now already build the network "harness" needed so that I can run with the 6.9Vdc signal soem DRL's and then when going to full 12Vdc the HiD fires up