Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

Exhaust On Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 AM
Default Exhaust On Fusion

hi i have an I4 ford fusion that i just recently purchased and i want to install an exhaust system on it but I don't know where to find a good sounding one because i don't want that loud crying crying sound heard on some civic's. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

Old 05-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Default RE: Exhaust On Fusion

unless you got at least 300 horsepowerand in need of less back pressure id stick with standard exhaust..not to tell you how to do up your ride but really, when it comes down to it unless the higher flowing exhaust serves a purpose like letting a high horsepower engine breath, whats the point? plus one thing ive noticed about every person i have ever known to mess with their exhaust,, in the end they usually end up needlessly loud and the gain in horsepower if any is not worth the lose in low end torque which is more beneficial to any street driven car.Unless there is torque to spare and there is some kind of racing in this cars future on a 1/4 mile, id leave exhaust stock,,,, the best exhaust systems i have ever heard on a daily driven car was the ones i could hardly hear at all! Anyhow thats just some thoughts i was having about the exhaust situation...hope you find what your looking for

Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Steeda has a Magnaflow exhaust for the I4.
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=73907.0

Old 07-23-2007, 08:02 PM

me too hate it when the engine of my car creates unpleasant noise that feels like crying and roaring all around...i'd already installed mine with ford exhausts system...that probably assures me it doesn't create any unnecessary sounds, either..!!!

Old 08-26-2007, 08:07 PM

hi i just got a brand new 2007 ford fusion and in lookin to get preformance parts for it like a chip and a tight sounding exhaust.can anyone help me on that

Old 09-02-2007, 09:15 PM

A mild soulding muffler like a Flomaster 50, for example. It wouldn't beloud, esp. with the stock cats and such.The 50 Series also quiet down at a steady RPM. No drone, and it would not cost very much for a muffler shop to cut off the factory muffler and weld in the Flowmaster 50. That being said, you are not going to gain much HP, and if you do it going to be at the top of the tach. Your MPG may increase slightly, granted you are not driving it harder to hear the exhaust. You want the tail pipe(end of muffler to exit)as long as possible, for max sound control.

A new muffler with a CAI, or a drop-in K&N filter with the airbox opening enlarged should net you a noticable gain. If you do that, disconnect the battery cables over night to reset the ECU memory, so it can properly adjust o the new air flow. A chip or programer would probably be the bestway to pull some more power out of it.