Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

My 2013 Fusion VIN not accepted at SynMyRide

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Default My 2013 Fusion VIN not accepted at SynMyRide

Just bought a new Fusion SE last week. The dealer set up my Sync My Ride account for Sync Services. When I log in to the site and go Sync Services, it tells me that "Sync Services is not available for this vehicle" and I should check my VIN - which I and the dealer have done (more than once). The thing is, I do have sync on the vehicle as I use it all the time(phone calls & USB mostly). I contacted Ford, they told me the car needs an ID Scan - went to my dealer, they hooked the card up to the computer and were unsuccessful. They also called the tech people at Ford during this and still couldn't fix it. The dealer said there was nothing they could do and I should call Ford Customer Service - So I did, and was given a case number and I should hear from them in 2-3 days (this was 3 days ago). The car is great but I would like to be able to go online to get the online sync services as well. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM

I work on Sync alot at the dealer and the 1st mistake was to let the dealer make you a sync account. There must be something in the settings when you log in that you can access and get a bit further then calling idiots to try and do a run around for you.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 AM

Thanks FLS - problem solved... apparently the dealer didn't know how to perform the scan the first time they tried it. The second time worked and all is well.