Ford Mustang For over 50 years, the Mustang name has stood for affordable industry leading performance with its powerful V8 Ford Mustang engines and sporty lines.

07 Mustang will not start

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Default 07 Mustang will not start

I have a 07 Mustang GT that is less than 6 month old and it will randomly not start. Acts like a dead battery, tries to turn over and finally just starts clicking. In the past I could get a jump and be fine, or wait a few minutes and it would start, but this morning I used one of those little glovebox battery boosters and it did nothing.

I had it towed to the dealer lot where they have had it for about 11 hours now with no word, but I was wondering if anyone else had heard of similiar issues. The tech showed me a Ford mechanic mailing list talking about lots of other cars with the same issue, and another forum I came across mentioned it as well, but with no information as to a cause. One guy said the computer on the car is designed to drain the battery after a few days to save the KeepAlive Memory, but that makes no sense. If you had a car that you had to spend an hour charging everytime you wanted to drive it, you might as well buy a horse.

Anyways, anyone with similiar issues or info on this?

Old 05-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 07 Mustang will not start

One guy said the computer on the car is designed to drain the battery after a few days to save the KeepAlive Memory
I highly doubt that is true. That is one of the main specs of a supplier to make sure it does NOT do is drain the battery.

But I personally not have had this problem.

BUT I do recall reading somewhere about the Shaker stereo system doing this. Do you have the SHaker system? If my memory serves me, one way to help is when you get out, to turn the power to the radio system off. But I would still have them fix the problem as I would say this is not acceptable.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM

I think I saw something about that as well, the amps not turning off or something. I have the Shaker 500 system and don't turn it off when I get out.

The crap about the computer intentionally draining the battery sounded like a guy who read a tiny bit of something, got confused and started repeating it to sound intelligent. I suppose I am just worried that I spent $27k on a car that I am going to end up having to do a crap ton of work on so that I can even leave the lot.

Hopefully the lot will call me in the morning with some good news, I miss my car . Having to drive an old 94 Buick LeSabre that is falling apart until I get it back. (The Mustang was he LeSabre's replacement because it was about to die.)

Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 AM

I have and 03 mustang sets all winter and never fails to start. I would ask them if they have checked for amp draws. Good luck.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:46 AM

It may be as simple as dirty battery terminals. I've seen a number of different cars act-up as you are describing because there was just enough corrosion on the terminals to cause the battery to lose it's connection, even when the terminals didn't even appear to be that bad.

Good luck!