Ford Performance Other parts make up a vehicle besides 'go fast' parts... discuss and review any of your other mods here.

(Quadzilla Xzillaraider II) need hel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Default (Quadzilla Xzillaraider II) need hel

I have been doing alot of resource about this programmer and everything sound and looks good but I don't know anyone that has tried it. Does any buddy know?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM

I'm having problems with my Xzillaraider II module on hot days. If the truck has been sitting in the sun on days when the temperature is above 105 degrees, then the Xzillaraider module will not power up. The ControlPOD shows dashes all the way across.

If I start the engine it goes into a very heavy surging idle. If I touch the accelerator pedal, it immediately goes to wide open throttle until I turn off the ignition key.

As stated in the directions and the warning sticker on the Xzillaraider module itself, I installed it in the cab of the truck directly underneath the steering column. In fact this is where I installed the 1st generation Xzillaraider module that I am trying to replace.

Once the Xzillaraider cools down it works just fine. I have been in contact with Quadzilla (Jeremy in support) and even returned the module for a checkup. Quadzilla returned the module with me stating "Module checks out and is working fine. I can recommend to customer is that he unplugs the module instead of leaving it in the truck." That is certainly not the response that I was looking for.

Upon calling Quadzilla to express my concern at this response, Jeremy told me that he had replaced the board before shipping it back to me. When I compared the current board to pictures of my "old" board, the silk screen looks to be identical, including areas where there are voids.

Now that the weather seems to have broken in Phoenix, I'm not sure that the problem will happen again until next summer.

I must admit that this is my 2nd purchase of Quadzilla products and my experience with Quadzilla has been good till now. But I am not getting the old warm and fuzzies at the moment. I have never heard of any other manufacturer recommending that their product be unplugged instead of leaving it in the vehicle when parked.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Default 1949 ford single barrel carburetor

Looking for a 49 Ford single barrel carburetor, if anyone can help thanks