Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

AC HOT on normal, Cold on Max, No backup lights, so many problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Default AC HOT on normal, Cold on Max, No backup lights, so many problems

My AC is blowing hot, hot hot air on normal ac.
Move it to MAX and you get cold. What the heck??!?!?!?

My backup lights have blown fuses everytime you put a new one it and try to move to drive or neutral. No shorts anywhere, test it all, with one of those electrical testers. Can't find a short. Did read the Transmission Sensor Switch may be the problem, not sure, hope someone can help on that.
So I can't backup without the door open to see.

Overdrive switch doesn't work at all.

Intermittent wipers will wipe once, five times, twice, once, three times... never the same and not the same time length in between.

Big LOUD roaring noise comes from engine sometimes when you are just getting started and pulling out of driveway slowly. Sounds like a cranky lion in my engine.

Interior light and door ajar lights malfunction at least once a week, Greased the door latch, didn't help so lights stay on for 5 minutes or longer. Most disturbing at night.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now I'm replacing a leaking radiator for $255 parts! Ugh.

Never again,
Ilene