Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

Scratching my head on this one...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Default Scratching my head on this one...

The continuing saga of my A/C blower has truly reached my boiling point. I am appealing to all of you Ranger geniuses on this board to help a poor guy out

Here's the story, my '95 2.3, my blower motor is not working. So, I have replaced the blower motor resistor and the blower switch. When I replaced the switched...it worked! I had A/C, regular fresh air, all speeds....life was wonderful. The next day, back to not working again. I checked all of the fuses and relays...nothing blown. So, I bought another switch, thinking the aftermarked one I put in was a dud. I changed it, and it still doesn't work. Could the blower motor not be working? I am stumped...

Help!!!

Thanks.

Dave

Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Scratching my head on this one...

There is a good chance of that. The blower motor could havebeen going bad, and it killed the switch. I say one way to find out, if you have an extra battery around and hook the voltage directly to the blower motor.

Old 12-04-2023, 01:20 AM
Default Same here at a loss

Originally Posted by apollo
The continuing saga of my A/C blower has truly reached my boiling point. I am appealing to all of you Ranger geniuses on this board to help a poor guy out

Here's the story, my '95 2.3, my blower motor is not working. So, I have replaced the blower motor resistor and the blower switch. When I replaced the switched...it worked! I had A/C, regular fresh air, all speeds....life was wonderful. The next day, back to not working again. I checked all of the fuses and relays...nothing blown. So, I bought another switch, thinking the aftermarked one I put in was a dud. I changed it, and it still doesn't work. Could the blower motor not be working? I am stumped...

Help!!!

Thanks.

Dave
hEreh