Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

wanna sound like a mustang???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Default wanna sound like a mustang???

ok so i've been hunting high and low for the right exaust, i went from flowmaster to gibson and ended up with a magnaflow. well while installing it on my 93 4.o liter V6 ranger i started it without a muffler only running ctalitic converters and i was amazed to find it sounded exactly like a mustang with a really deep tone and when reved up to three grand it will even pop so i jus extended the exuast and decided to go without a muffler and the two converters quite it enough, so if you want a really racy sound i say try it!!

Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Default RE: wanna sound like a mustang???

hmmmm if i did not already put an exhaust on it i would of. but i have a 3.0 v6 so i am betting it will sound like a frickin weed eater. i like the sound i got now, people think that it sounds like a v8, on kid abouit 16 yrs old asked if i had a v8 and i told him i had the 5.4 triton in it and the moron believed me.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

HAHA, funny how you can fool people.

Ryan, you must live somewhere, where that wouldn't get noticed. Here, in So Cal you would get caught real quick. When I changed out my muffler, I did the same, started without to see what it sounds like. Pretty damn loud. Too loud for me.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:51 AM

haha i live here in arizona and with the two catalytic converters it was amazingly calm with a nice deep rumble, however i am workin to firgure out a way to reduce the poping when its reved up hahahaha but ya im a highschool student and its a hit with my friends hahaha they jus smile ear to ear when they hear it

Old 05-03-2006, 11:17 AM

It would be nice if the ranger did have the option of a V8. I bet they could fit the 4.6 easily.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:11 AM

I have a 2 chamber Flowmaster with dual turndowns, somebody asked me if I put a 302 in it! Sounds pretty good for a 2.9L.
People have put v8s in Ranger before. I believe that they even make kits to put a 5.0 w/ a c6 into Rangers.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:50 AM

i have a 93 4.0 and i did the same thing about 3 years ago.... and you are right

Old 05-26-2006, 06:43 PM

I bet your neighbors just love you. hehe

Old 05-26-2006, 07:28 PM

hey guys im a newb....i deleted my muffler and **** it sounds great, im keeping it..it bubbles when you let off the gas and everything...i actually though it sounded like a real hooked up VW or Subaru kinda bubbly sound....whatever i like it....didnt cost me **** cept a small bit of rust in my eye for about a week for not wearing eye protection...dam hhaha

Old 05-27-2006, 12:35 AM

What year Ranger, and what size motor do you have? Did you take the cats off too?

Quick Reply: wanna sound like a mustang???