Ford Sport Trac SUV seating and versatility meets the compact pickup truck in this crossover.

Troubleshoot power seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Default Troubleshoot power seats?

I have a 2004 Sport Trac and both power/heated seats (with lumbar) no longer work. The seats do not move, do not heat, and the lumbar pump does not run.

I've looked under the seats and have checked and reconnected all cable harnesses I could find (there appear to be 3 for each seat) and that didn't help. I also checked the auto-resetting breaker under the hood by disconnecting the battery cable, pulling the breaker & testing the pins with a continuity tester, it's fine.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or troubleshooting tips for the seats? I was going to start testing the wires for power/continuity but am not sure where the best place would be to disconnect under the hood or dash, and which wires should have how much power.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Troubleshoot power seats?

Welcome to the site..

Sent a mail..

Old 08-25-2021, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by klayman
I have a 2004 Sport Trac and both power/heated seats (with lumbar) no longer work. The seats do not move, do not heat, and the lumbar pump does not run.

I've looked under the seats and have checked and reconnected all cable harnesses I could find (there appear to be 3 for each seat) and that didn't help. I also checked the auto-resetting breaker under the hood by disconnecting the battery cable, pulling the breaker & testing the pins with a continuity tester, it's fine.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or troubleshooting tips for the seats? I was going to start testing the wires for power/continuity but am not sure where the best place would be to disconnect under the hood or dash, and which wires should have how much power.

Thanks in advance!
Hello, I had a similar issue, the back rest of my seat would go down but would not go back up. I took out the seat and removed the whole switch control and removed the cover. Then I wiped all the contacts with an alcohol damp rag, let it dry and tested it and it worked. I still can't get the seats to heat up still. Would like a solution for that.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:33 AM

So all power seat adjustments work correctly now. Your issue is the heated seats do not work, I assume you are talking about the driver seat, does the passenger heated seat work? Does the heated seat switch respond to being turned on/can you hear a relay click on?