Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

2011 SHO question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Default 2011 SHO question

I have a 2011 SHO and sometimes the car will just not accelerate when the gas pedal is pressed and then the car all the sudden kicks in and accelerates. It feels like bogging down or lagging or something. Any ideas? The Ford dealerships are lost.

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM

Send me a private message with your vin I will run all your issues on that vehicle

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 AM

@Go Part - I am not sure. Yesterday the service guy at the dealership told me I was driving with my foot partially on the brake and the gas. I was so flabbergasted I could not even have a conversation with him anymore. Especially since this has not been a problem from the start (I bought new) and it does not happen all the time. Very inconsistent. OH AND - I do not drive with my foot on the brake.

@fordlifesaver - thanks for the offer. I will consider it.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM

I have a 2011 SHO and it will ocassionally seem to hesitate. Mine is at a certain point each time and I can recreate it anytime. Mine is because it is just at a shift point and the PCM is trying to figure out if it wants to downshift or upshift.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 PM

Offered to help but ignored no problem good luck

Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 AM

I sent you a private message no your concern which i will post on the board after your respond.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by way2old
I have a 2011 SHO and it will ocassionally seem to hesitate. Mine is at a certain point each time and I can recreate it anytime. Mine is because it is just at a shift point and the PCM is trying to figure out if it wants to downshift or upshift.
I notice the lag at 1500 RPM almost always. It actually stalls there for a few seconds. I cannot recreate it at any time. One time I went to accelerate from a dead stop and the car felt like it died................. and then started again.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 PM

Alright Thank you for PMing me your issue. If your car is under 60K miles this should all be under warranty. The way you approach this is the way they will handle your concern. Either tell them. MY VEHICLE SEEMS TO RUN ROUGH, HESITATES & SHUDDERS SOMETIMES, I ALSO SEEN THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COME ON. that is the way i want you to state it. Either one of 2 things will be performed depending on your vehicle build date and your engine build date. Either they will replace your spark plugs or give you a REPROGRAM on your PCM (COMPUTER). on your final paperwork that you get i would like to see that TSB 11-08-19 was performed. If they say they cannot recreate the concern or issue then kindly ask if they can Perform that TSB. Technically they do not have to but if they are smart and kind enough they should do it. DO NOT tell them where you got your information from & good luck. let us know how it turned out.
3.5L GTDI ENGINE RUNS ROUGH, HESITATES, SHUDDERING WITH MISFIRE DTCS

Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 PM

Thank you for the info. My build date is May 2010 and have 16k. Does this help/change anything you said. And I will present this EXACTLY as you said. I will not sell you out.

What is DTCS?

Last edited by kiliki; 02-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 SHO question