Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

Help Help Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Default Help Help Help

Hello
I am new to this forum. I have a 2006 Ford Taurus and the smart junction box in it went out. The service center where I took my car said that the part was on a national back order and that there was no estimated time as to when it would come in. In the mean time I don't know what to do because I need to be able to drive my car and the windshield wipers don't work which is a problem because I live in Washington where it rains a lot. Any suggestions.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:40 AM

We don't know how many places they tried to locate the part. There is a gentleman ,Kyle that helps a lot of folks on this site needing Ford parts. When he reads your post , he very possibly might be able to assist you.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Default Help

Thanks do you know how I would be able to get a hold of him?

Old 03-06-2016, 02:59 PM

Check some of the previous posts.
He is with Lakeland Ford and he has helped a lot of folks here.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry it took so long to see this. There are a few different versions of the smart junction box on the 2006 Taurus, one part number is 5F1Z-15604-A (#5F1Z15604A: RECEIVER.) and there are a C and D version as well. All three are on backorder, one has an ETA of June. If you give me your VIN number I can find out which one is correct but unfortunately they are all on backorder. Ford is having a real problem with backorders right now. I am sorry I can't give you some better news.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:59 PM

There are some people that have managed to by-pass certain parts of the SJB.
The wiper system may have some addl features that might not work. but if you can't use the vehicle because it has no wipers I would certainly seek out someone with a little electrical know-how and auto knowledge to remove the control plug from the wiper motor assy and temporarily install a manual control switch so you have a vehicle to use in the rain with wipers that work.