Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

Window motor, electrical issues on '93

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM

probably got a split in one of the plastic side tanks on the radiator and it will swell and leak worse or seal as weather or temp. changes by flexing .

Old 04-10-2011, 09:17 PM

so what do i need to do here just replace the whole radiator or those plastic sides or what? im getting tired of this car :/

Old 04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Lightbulb Electrical peoblems...

Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem or not. I purchased a 2003 Taurus in January 2010 that had a similar problem. It would be running just fine & I could park & run into a store being inside for less than 5 minutes, come back out & it wouldn't hit a lick. Or I'd be driving down the road & my radio would just shut off & I wouldn't be able to get it back on. Or I'd be driving down the road & suddenly my window wouldn't go down...or up as the case might be. Or I'd do a wiper swipe & they'd swipe once & not work again & the radio would go off. Each time my check engine light would come on. I took it to my mechanic & he couldn't find anything wrong as it would crank for him. This went on for months. My mechanic got so frustrated he took it to the local Ford dealership & had them look at it...they could find NOTHING either. It finally got so bad that it became a daily headache!!! Fortunately for me, my mechanic hates looking bad so he began researching EVERYTHING he could find on the subject including thrice daily emails to Ford tech support. It took over a month of steady work to find out that the computer box under the hood had a bent pin on it & the computer was freaking out. Replaced the part & it worked for one day & again started doing it again. The second time, replaced the box & the plug in module & everything went back to working EXCEPT my overhead map lamps won't work if I turn on with the rocker switch...yet they work if I open my car door. Not feeling like paying to have that problem resolved, I decided I didn't need those lights often & have left them like they are. With your car being 10 years older than mine, this might have nothing to do with your problem; but I just wish somebody had mentioned this to my mechanic 4 weeks earlier than they did!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by LadyMarissa
Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem or not. I purchased a 2003 Taurus in January 2010 that had a similar problem. It would be running just fine & I could park & run into a store being inside for less than 5 minutes, come back out & it wouldn't hit a lick. Or I'd be driving down the road & my radio would just shut off & I wouldn't be able to get it back on. Or I'd be driving down the road & suddenly my window wouldn't go down...or up as the case might be. Or I'd do a wiper swipe & they'd swipe once & not work again & the radio would go off. Each time my check engine light would come on. I took it to my mechanic & he couldn't find anything wrong as it would crank for him. This went on for months. My mechanic got so frustrated he took it to the local Ford dealership & had them look at it...they could find NOTHING either. It finally got so bad that it became a daily headache!!! Fortunately for me, my mechanic hates looking bad so he began researching EVERYTHING he could find on the subject including thrice daily emails to Ford tech support. It took over a month of steady work to find out that the computer box under the hood had a bent pin on it & the computer was freaking out. Replaced the part & it worked for one day & again started doing it again. The second time, replaced the box & the plug in module & everything went back to working EXCEPT my overhead map lamps won't work if I turn on with the rocker switch...yet they work if I open my car door. Not feeling like paying to have that problem resolved, I decided I didn't need those lights often & have left them like they are. With your car being 10 years older than mine, this might have nothing to do with your problem; but I just wish somebody had mentioned this to my mechanic 4 weeks earlier than they did!!!
id say its related. my friend and his auto mechanically inclined friends keep pointing to the cluster gauge or the steering column though. i just directly wired my windows to a fuse and the radio as well. they work all the time now as did the radio but now thats off again.. the weird thing is i can still put my passenger size window down with master ctrl but not up or any of the other 1s at all..

Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Oddly enough, if the transmission range sensor starts to fail, it will interupt the window, radio, P/S ect functions.. Just like during a crank when the circuits are interupted..