Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   Ford Tempo/Probe (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-tempo-probe-39/)
-   -   my tatiana (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford-tempo-probe-39/my-tatiana-26602/)

Tempoman94 03-03-2012 01:52 AM

my tatiana

well as my first post on this forum i own the last model year ford tempo. to give my new forum friends an idea why i bought this car i will brake it down. this will be paragraphed so you can bypass what ever you don't care to hear.
i found this car driving by a car dealer ship looking for a job to come up with two grand to fix my 99 Chrysler 300, when out of the corner of my eye i spotted a teal tempo looking like my dads old car. so me and my ADD pulled into the place. it was a spitting image, minis the v6, and a spoiler, and sunroof. as i was look her over the owner walked out. i started to b.s. with him, and he told me 650 four it. i thought great.

after that as i left, and when to my interview i thought on it. i was broke, my car was dead. noway anyone would buy a car with 230,000 thousand miles, with bad transmission, on rear window, bad front ball joints, no a/c and etc. so i came up with the plan to junk it. when i went to the junkyard they wanted to give me two hundred four it. i walked away interested, but no way would i sell out a friend four that. so i drove the car to the scrapyard, and had it price in scrap. four hundred. with the remaining two fifty i had stored away i bought it.
to wrap this up i will list the problems with my girl is had them my next thread will tel more on her tale
  • front right lower ball joint
  • front left lower ball joint
  • rusted to no repair right brake
  • no working rear brakes
  • two bad tie rods
  • no stereo
  • no a/c
  • electric seat belts broken
  • needs battery cables replaced

bluewind 03-04-2012 12:09 PM

Congratulations for the purchase of this fine automobile!

You made the right decision, in particular if you are in need for some occupational therapy. Maybe I will see you at the Pull-a-Part some day!

I didn't catch if YOU have the V6 or your DAD had the V6. If You have the V6 you can dig around in the Taurus section.

Tempoman94 03-05-2012 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by bluewind (Post 69542)
Congratulations for the purchase of this fine automobile!

You made the right decision, in particular if you are in need for some occupational therapy. Maybe I will see you at the Pull-a-Part some day!

I didn't catch if YOU have the V6 or your DAD had the V6. If You have the V6 you can dig around in the Taurus section.

i have the inline 4, but honestly think the extra power is only good on straights. i'm a drifting guy. i love racing my friends on gravel roads with curves and making them look stupid. ya how did that 302 in your truck help you Jim. oh you got 330 horse, i got 94, and left you in the dust in the first corner. you get 14 mpg. i get 31 in town and 39 on the highway.

i've been told by friends that i am a ass, but i earn my bragging rights. :cool: don't need anyone saying the engine did it.

bluewind 03-06-2012 08:49 AM

Way to have fun, Tempoman94.
In their days these cars were a bit underrated, overlooked as sleepers. But it is amazing how many of them are still around! They earn my respect just for that fact. I stayed away from them because I hate motorized seat belts. In my opinion they look well proportioned and still modern.

A word of advise: make sure to avoid the GRAVE roads. Stay on the GRAVEL roads, and you live longer!

Tempoman94 03-06-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by bluewind (Post 69606)
Way to have fun, Tempoman94.
In their days these cars were a bit underrated, overlooked as sleepers. But it is amazing how many of them are still around! They earn my respect just for that fact. I stayed away from them because I hate motorized seat belts. In my opinion they look well proportioned and still modern.

A word of advise: make sure to avoid the GRAVE roads. Stay on the GRAVEL roads, and you live longer!

Nice you caught one of my mistakes. a ya my seat belts don't work, i just used the manual override to put them back.

i think what killed them was the fact ford under played them. even though they were one of fords top sellers they never offered a performance package that i know of. if America car makers would do as European, and Asian car makers do to boost sales.

take one of there small cheap cars. put a improved suspension, and turbo the inline four ( i think that a v6 is over kill, then again i'm Asian) turn the 94 horses into 200+( they do this with the Mitsubishi Evo, it has a 2L that puts out over 400) and then slap a extra 5 grand on her. few would buy it, but while they look at it they would buy the base model. i took marketing courses.:)

bluewind 03-07-2012 09:18 AM

They had a 10 year run form '84 to '94. There was one special model: you could get a tempo with AWD but only with the 4 cylinder engine.
At the time Ford was about to go under and they put all efforts into developing the Taurus.
The Tempo/Topaz was replaced by the Contour/Mystique. They also had a 10 year run. There is a Contour SVT.
Ford Tempo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia