Ford Tempo/Probe These small cars offered a sporty feel and affordable price.

my tatiana

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Default my tatiana

well as my first post on this forum i own the last model year ford tempo. to give my new forum friends an idea why i bought this car i will brake it down. this will be paragraphed so you can bypass what ever you don't care to hear.
i found this car driving by a car dealer ship looking for a job to come up with two grand to fix my 99 Chrysler 300, when out of the corner of my eye i spotted a teal tempo looking like my dads old car. so me and my ADD pulled into the place. it was a spitting image, minis the v6, and a spoiler, and sunroof. as i was look her over the owner walked out. i started to b.s. with him, and he told me 650 four it. i thought great.

after that as i left, and when to my interview i thought on it. i was broke, my car was dead. noway anyone would buy a car with 230,000 thousand miles, with bad transmission, on rear window, bad front ball joints, no a/c and etc. so i came up with the plan to junk it. when i went to the junkyard they wanted to give me two hundred four it. i walked away interested, but no way would i sell out a friend four that. so i drove the car to the scrapyard, and had it price in scrap. four hundred. with the remaining two fifty i had stored away i bought it.
to wrap this up i will list the problems with my girl is had them my next thread will tel more on her tale
  • front right lower ball joint
  • front left lower ball joint
  • rusted to no repair right brake
  • no working rear brakes
  • two bad tie rods
  • no stereo
  • no a/c
  • electric seat belts broken
  • needs battery cables replaced

Last edited by Tempoman94; 03-03-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:09 PM

Congratulations for the purchase of this fine automobile!

You made the right decision, in particular if you are in need for some occupational therapy. Maybe I will see you at the Pull-a-Part some day!

I didn't catch if YOU have the V6 or your DAD had the V6. If You have the V6 you can dig around in the Taurus section.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by bluewind
Congratulations for the purchase of this fine automobile!

You made the right decision, in particular if you are in need for some occupational therapy. Maybe I will see you at the Pull-a-Part some day!

I didn't catch if YOU have the V6 or your DAD had the V6. If You have the V6 you can dig around in the Taurus section.
i have the inline 4, but honestly think the extra power is only good on straights. i'm a drifting guy. i love racing my friends on gravel roads with curves and making them look stupid. ya how did that 302 in your truck help you Jim. oh you got 330 horse, i got 94, and left you in the dust in the first corner. you get 14 mpg. i get 31 in town and 39 on the highway.

i've been told by friends that i am a ***, but i earn my bragging rights. don't need anyone saying the engine did it.

Last edited by Tempoman94; 03-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Way to have fun, Tempoman94.
In their days these cars were a bit underrated, overlooked as sleepers. But it is amazing how many of them are still around! They earn my respect just for that fact. I stayed away from them because I hate motorized seat belts. In my opinion they look well proportioned and still modern.

A word of advise: make sure to avoid the GRAVE roads. Stay on the GRAVEL roads, and you live longer!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by bluewind
Way to have fun, Tempoman94.
In their days these cars were a bit underrated, overlooked as sleepers. But it is amazing how many of them are still around! They earn my respect just for that fact. I stayed away from them because I hate motorized seat belts. In my opinion they look well proportioned and still modern.

A word of advise: make sure to avoid the GRAVE roads. Stay on the GRAVEL roads, and you live longer!
Nice you caught one of my mistakes. a ya my seat belts don't work, i just used the manual override to put them back.

i think what killed them was the fact ford under played them. even though they were one of fords top sellers they never offered a performance package that i know of. if America car makers would do as European, and Asian car makers do to boost sales.

take one of there small cheap cars. put a improved suspension, and turbo the inline four ( i think that a v6 is over kill, then again i'm Asian) turn the 94 horses into 200+( they do this with the Mitsubishi Evo, it has a 2L that puts out over 400) and then slap a extra 5 grand on her. few would buy it, but while they look at it they would buy the base model. i took marketing courses.

Last edited by Tempoman94; 03-06-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 AM

They had a 10 year run form '84 to '94. There was one special model: you could get a tempo with AWD but only with the 4 cylinder engine.
At the time Ford was about to go under and they put all efforts into developing the Taurus.
The Tempo/Topaz was replaced by the Contour/Mystique. They also had a 10 year run. There is a Contour SVT.
Ford Tempo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia