General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 2.3l ranger

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Default 93 2.3l ranger

one of the sensors in the intake system is out not allowing gas to be forced through the fuel rail, i have 27 psi of pressure at the fuel rail and if i shoot gasoline into the intake the truck runs just fine, as soon as i take it off of its life support it dies back out, any idea?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Default RE: 93 2.3l ranger

Speed sensor/ throttle position sensor / crankshaft position sensor. Just a taste of the things that make newer vehicles puke at an early age. I'd start with the throttle sensor I guess? It's likely a couple of electric parts control injector opening from the sensors to the ignition box. I recommend starting with a tester to see which sensors seem dead. Maybe look for one unplugged or fouled out with oil or antifreeze.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:39 AM

well without a crankshaft sensor i dont believe the plugs would fire at all. but, is there like an obd sensor or diagnostics that i can run on the truck? All i can do with a tester is check the resistance in the sensors correct, if the resistance is correct does that neccesarily mean that the sensor is not shot?

Old 03-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Actually a failing crank sensor will still work. Only if it totally failed in all respects to the computer is it DOA. Yes code readers were useful from the time electronic systems were put on cars. They usually come with a code decipher booklet and don't cost a whole lot. Some of thebooklets even tell you where to look to hook them up (usually under the hood or drivers side under dash). Beware though code readers improperly read can lead you on a wild goose chase - read the manual that comes with it.