General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

All new Fords, No Crank/Start Condition

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Default All new Fords, No Crank/Start Condition

As a tow operator I've encountered multiple new Ford vehicles, (under 1000 miles on odometer) ranging from the new Five Hundred to the F-Series trucks, that have a no crank/start condition. Battery voltage has been consistantly present throughout the many vehicles I'm referencing. Originally, I had thought maybe an immobilizer could have been the source of the problem, however, when I started to see it in the vans and trucks, which have the regular chipless key and ignition, I ruled that possibility out. I've been able to manually jump the starter in the majority of the vehicles to start it for at least the current instance. I realize this doesn't assist anything, but it means there is power at the starter and the starters function's are intact. I've inquired about this issue with both of the local Ford dealers, one of which our operation has been contracted to their towing, and neither claim to have seen or heard of the problem. I find that hard to believe, but was looking for information, not an arguement, so it was left at that.

Any input or similar instance stories greatly appreciated

-JM