General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Avoid: TruckStop Accessories, Reno

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Default Avoid: TruckStop Accessories, Reno

In fairness, Truckstop Accessories did a good job with the spray-on bedliner for my 250 (But from what I understand, they have an outside contractor do the work.)

However, I would never do business with them again, particularly for anything to do with electrical work. For starters, one of the most amateur wiring jobs I have seen. I had to ask twice to have dangling wires from the electric bed cover protected... the first load of gravel and those wires would have torn loose. Wiring inside the engine compartment was loose and entagled with other factory wires. No chafe protection for wires transiting the firewall.

The worse was a tail gate electric lock that had to be replaced. After the second unit failed, I wanted my money back. If something fails so quickly, it really doesn't matter if it is the product or the installation that is the cause. Something is unreliable. They wanted me to make a 2 hour round trip drive for them to look at the problem. Not worth the time for a $100 part. After spending $3000 with them they wouldn't simply refund $100 for a product that either doesn't work or had a bad installation. I suppose it is my call not to make the trip and eat the cost of the failed product.

In the end it is all about customer service. These guys have a particularly low standard for customer service. One of the worst experiences I have ever had dealing with a business.