General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

b

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Smile Need Tech: Android Auto on Pioneer Radio?

Sorry, I seem to be having an issue getting this to post, so forgive me if this repeats.

Basically, I am confused about something. I need an expert on radio tech and Ford tech.

About two weeks ago I purchased two Pioneer 4200NEX stereo head units for my two vehicles (2010 Mustang and 2008 F-150.) I installed them and everything was working perfectly except for one thing... The USB2 slot on the radio is supposed to automatically launch Android Auto app on my smart phone. It will not work on either unit in either vehicle...otherwise everything works. I have researched this issue, and others say new USB cables fix the problem, and that didnt work for me.

In the Mustang the climate and AC controls were working through the radio, due to the controls being lost during the installation. The AC worked for the first 3 days, then stopped.

Fast forward..earlier in the week I had to have my mustang serviced to repair a couple check engine lights, as well as the AC get fixed. Long story short, the mechanic told me that there was a communication issue between the radio and the mustang's BCM or computer, causing it to not control the AC correctly.... He said they were able to program it, and now the AC works great...

Here is where I am confused... Now that he did whatever he did, the android app is working perfectly on the Mustang. The truck is still not working. I cannot find info online about this, does this make sense to anyone?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by lordreyrey; 04-24-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: didnt post.