General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dealer butchered my car while repairing it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Default Dealer butchered my car while repairing it.

Hi there, I've got a problem with my dealer and I don't really know what to do.

I bought a Ford Escape 2013 in May 2013. the evaporator broke after a month of AC usage... we went to the dealer so it could be repaired. after 1-2 month of waiting for parts and repairing, the car was finally repaired by the dealer.

just so you know, to change the evaporator it is a very complicated and meticulous job. you have to remove the entire dash and front components.

I've made sure that the job would have been done right by saying I was once a mechanic and knew how hard this job could be and that I didn't want my 2013 to have rattle after a year. so I've asked, make sure the guy who does the job will use the mechanic book to know how to remove everything. he said, don't worry it'll be done by the painter who does that all the time (stripping cars and rebuilding them).

So guess what!? they broke the BCM Connector, and since it didn't hold in place, they "Tapped" it on the BCM so it could hold. WTF!? who does that on a 2013 bran new car?

I'm so pissed that my car is know a Frankenstein with who knows what else broken because the job has been done by a butcher.

What's my best option here?

Ford Canada told me they don't have power over dealer when they do something like that.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:02 PM

Find out how to contact the zone manger and complain, or get an attorney.