General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ford aspire trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Angry Ford aspire trouble

I have a 95 ford aspire and the other day it lost all power out of the blue. so i replaced the fuel pump because it was shot, in the process i changed the oil, gas, and air filters and did a complete oil change. I also changed the startd cause it burnt out trying to start the car after I changed the filters hoping that was the problem. I changed the valve cover gasket due to the fact the old one was worn out. I also changed the timing belt because it was worn. I aligned everything back up the way that the repair manual said too but for some reason it wont start it occationally backfires out of the tail pipe but that's it. When i removed the timing belt it was lined up with a blue dot next to the timing marks for the cam shaft and when I aligned it with that mark it fired more but didn't start. When I took off the main intake hose from the engine cover I heard air flowing loadly and it never sounded like that before. Any thoughts would be helpful seeing as i've been working on this for a few days...

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 AM

Sounds like it jumped time you will need to go through te timing process again

Old 09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Cool

I was thinking that mabey I damaged the belt how much give is the belt supposed to have i can compress it about 1/4 of an inch with the tensioner on could it of streched/broken fiber glass threads. This would cause it to jump timing because when i set it perfectly then crank the engine and recheck the marks it is off timing. a response would b appriciated...

Old 07-27-2019, 01:58 PM

i just bought a 95 aspire for 75 bucks yesterday the only problem it has so far is everything is disconnected. it is a puzzle and i don't know if any pieces are missing. they did change the clutch though i am not sure how well. i think i found one at the local wrecking yard so i can go take pictures and a haynes manual was found in the trunk.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:53 PM

went and took pics and got most of the wires figured out but something is still wrong when i hook up the battery it sparks big time and blew the 80 amp fuse. so i checked and the cooling fan was plugged into the wrong plugin. found the right one up front behind the plastic bottle and i bought a new 80 amp fuse then it took me a while to get the old fuse out, just unbolt it. when i get back over there in a few days i will work on it some more. i got the keys finally and it will be fun once i get it running. what kind of mileage should i get?

Old 08-31-2019, 12:17 AM

found out why it was sparking the postive and negative were both hooked up to the battery terminalon the starter. got that sorted out now to get the starter to crank over so far all it does is click at the starter if i hook power up to the solenoid and i found some more wires disconnected and some vacuum lines as well. tomorrow i am taking the inner fender well off and try to turn the engine over. something doesn't feel right with the clutch. the pedal goes in really easy and the arm moves so something is hinky.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:20 PM

got it all hooked up right and adjusted the clutch cable with a pair of vice grips, works great now. everything works except one headlight ids dim and the interior light doesn't come on when i open the door but if i flip the switch it lights up. i am thinking a bad door switch. i fixed the radio someone up in they had twisted the wires together and taped them up, they are soldered and heatshrinked now. the car fires right up and has plenty of power. no to clean the nasty carpets.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:06 PM

i went to step on the brakes and they were hard as a rock way up at the top. not sure if it is the master cylinder or the booster. i will work on it as soon as the wife gets out of the hospital. she broke her artificial shoulder three days out of the hospital. they changed the ball and the new ball broke and popped out of joint.