General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help with linking seat/mirror memory to key

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Default Help with linking seat/mirror memory to key

My parents just got an Edge but it's currently in my possession after the transmission died while they were visiting me. The transmission has been replaced and it seems to be working well, but my mom asked me if I would try to figure out how to link her key to the seat and mirror positions while I've still got the car.

According to the instructions in the owner's manual, I should be able to set the seat and mirrors the way I want them to be, press the set button, press the lock or unlock button on the key, and then press 1 or 2 next to the Set button on the driver's door. I've done that about a billion times with the seat and mirrors set in all sorts of different ways but the car will always set itself back to some completely different "neutral" setting after I get out of the car, lock it, unlock it, and get back in. (And it's not due to the easy entry feature.)

I can deactivate the key with no problem and, in that case, the car's mirrors and seats remain exactly the same as I left them when I get out of the car, lock it, unlock it, and get back in.

I've also tried setting it again after deactivating it to no avail.

What am I missing here? Worst case scenario, I deactivate everything and leave it like a "normal" car... but I'd really like to be able to make this feature work for my mom :/

Thank you

Old 04-01-2014, 06:23 PM

I have the same problem and it is a 2007 Edge worked fine up in till about a month ago and have done the same thing as you have .
Anyone have a answer on what to do
Thanks
Ron