General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem with 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Default Problem with 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

I own a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. The front power outlet has not worked since the day I bought it.

I have brought it back to the Ford Dealer 2 times to be fixed but the Dealer merely changes the fuse which immediately blows the next time I plug in a simple cell phone charger.

The Ford Dealer's technician diagnosed the problem to only require the change of fuse before he even checked the car. The Dealer has indicated that "changing fuses" is not covered under the Ford warranty and has indicated that I should be prepared to change the fuse which position ignores the fact that the fuse blows within seconds of my plugging into the standard cell phone charger.

The inability to use the front power outlet is annoying but I fear that it may be a symptom of a more significant electrical problem.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone familiar with this problem occurring before in a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid?

2. What advice can you give me to have Ford address my concerns?

Thanks.
otis_schroonlake@hotmail.com

Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Problem with 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Hi, first I doubt this is a recuring concern. Does the AC outlet stop working only when you connect your cell phone charger? Can you connect something else? This output is maximum 150 watts. Next time you go to the dealer, make sure they test it in front of you, and bring your cell phone charger. It is normal that they are telling you that replacing a fuse is not covered. Your service advisor might misunderstanding you. In fact, it is not cover by the warranty to have the fuse replace for a 12V outlet. Too many times the customer connects an accessory that draw to much current, that why it is not cover. It is the customer/owner "fault" to not have use the system correctly and causing a damage. Which is not applicable to your case and not acceptable!

Does the LED light is ON when the outlet doesn't work?

Nic.