General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

specialties

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Default specialties

Hey guys any ford techs here that can tell me what the 10 specialties are for inford????
I quit ford 2 years ago and was wondering what they all are i cant remember what ones i had.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 PM

They've changed the specialties. I don't really look anymore, since I've reached Senoir Master, it's not a huge problem.
They break down into chassis master, drivetrain master, and then the diesels, which are kinda seperate (at least Ford's always treated them that way).
There are subsections (eng. performance, climate control, brakes, etc) that you'll need ALL the web courses for, and they are really informative on the new stuff. After that, you'll go to the classroom for the more advanced stuff.
If you're getting back into this, then you might be able to grandfather into some of this. One word of warning: you have to have a minimum of like 3-5 years experience, then you can get to the classromm (your previous exp. might count).
And one other thing: Ford WON'T pay warrnaty claims to you if you're not certified in their specialties. This started with diesels, went to eng. performance, transmissions, and is now down to electrical, which is about the last.
Start studying now!