Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/)
-   NASCAR (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/nascar-51/)
-   -   who thinks imports should be allowd in nascar (https://www.fordforum.com/forum/nascar-51/who-thinks-imports-should-allowd-nascar-485/)

hicracer 01-31-2005 11:07 PM

who thinks imports should be allowd in nascar

How many of you think makes like honda and toyota should be allowed in nascar

grampztoyz351 02-02-2005 04:21 AM

RE: who thinks imports should be allowd in nascar

If they can be competative what the heck. A little diversity can be a good thing.

cctxfish 02-02-2005 11:05 PM

Look Nascar is a pure American thing, why dilute it with forgien manufactures. There are plenty of other type of racing out there that all cars can complete in. I think Nascar should be only be for a American manufactures.

Dennis 08-07-2005 12:55 PM

I am too curious to say they shouldn't be allowed. I hope our brands now can compete moneywise. Also, I would like to see who will drive these cars.

Ramrod48 08-07-2005 04:35 PM

I agree , then you gotta change the name of it then , it could no longer be , NASCAR { Non-Athlethic-Sport-Centered-Around -Rednecks }, let ' em go play somewhere else.,,,,ppl allway's wanta be a changing things.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

hockeyhitman69 08-07-2005 11:19 PM

you know that most of the parts on your american cars are all from the other side of the globe its all the same to me look at all the ford running volvo drivetrain in freestyle and fivehundred?

cctxfish 08-08-2005 05:22 PM

best take another gander under the hood of a NASCAR

ppl, LOL is that political police liberals????right

better be careful are the ACLU will sue

cctxfish 08-08-2005 05:32 PM

Just thought I'd add,,,,look its like this: They never built a rear drive V8 vehicle, so who, are what are they representing?

As for as the truck series,,now that different,,they now have something,,so let them compete there.....[&:][:'(][:@]:eek::D

hockeyhitman69 08-08-2005 11:28 PM

i wasnt saying they have the right to be it nascar but just because its chev dodge ford most of the parts on your american cars are not even made in north america so if they can make them for those makes they sure can make there own.and on another note before a car is driven in north america they are produced for europe first ford focus ford ka etc...

cctxfish 08-09-2005 12:44 AM

Not sure at what all your saying. But, yes alot of parts under the hood are made in different countries, nothing wrong with that. If a germen maker make a better fuel injector for less cost, that where you get them. Electronic, companies from Korea and japan make them better and cheaper, that where you get them. But, in turn alot of the tools they use to make these parts comes from the US. ITS A GLOBAL ECONOMY [&:] sorry but that what it is.
As for as them producing euro car for North America, don't think thats all true. True some car designed for europe are driven in America, but that not for me. The only euro designed car I have is the newest one, '99 Mecury Cougar. Again not my style, but it for my daugther, plus its a chic car. [:o] watching out for the ppl, lol

Octane 08-16-2005 11:56 PM

If thats the case then Dodge doesnt belong in NASCAR. Chrysler is no longer an American company, they are now part of Daimler-Benz (a German company).
Toyota and Honda are just as common on American roads as are Ford, GM and Dodge. If they want to compete, why not let them?
Its not as if what Ford and GM are racing in NASCAR is even close to being the same as why you can buy off the showroom floor.
Octane

cctxfish 08-17-2005 03:20 PM

Your right, this car are nothing like the cars on the road. So why not let Tonka and Hotwheels compete? or the company they belong to[:@]

Ramrod48 08-17-2005 07:54 PM

WOW its still 50%-50%, I just gotta keep CCTXFISH from blowing a gaskit[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

techmanbd 09-02-2005 08:55 PM

I say sure, since americans do build these cars as well now. With the toyota plant in Kentucky. I am not sure where Nissan is or Honda's plant is, but they have them here and americans build them and they give jobs to americans.

rusty ol ranger 09-05-2005 11:24 PM

I say no.

Because as soon as the japs enter in they will be wanting things like EFI, ABS, and auto transmissions mandated, and go from a Small Block V8 to running a turbo 4 banger or something.

later,
Dustin

Patrick 09-23-2005 05:40 PM

my problem with how the rules are not enforced aside, here is my problem with that idea...when nascar started, it was comprised of STOCK CARS...maybe with some work done...now its bad enough that we have a bunch of FWDs and sedans which are suddenly performance RWd coupes, but the jap auotmakers dont make carburated engines, so they would have to either develop a whole car AND a new induction system, or NASCAR would have to bend the rules again..i think that they need to start requiring manufacturers to run what they brung, so to speak...not just make a sheet metal body around a basically universal chassis...and drop a huge engine in it...nascar has grown dumb over the years...

Octane 10-15-2005 12:51 AM

The last time I checked you couldnt get a Taurus with a 351, a 5-speed manual tranny and rear-drive either.
Face it folks, Toyota is here to stay. Get used to it.
Dont be surprised if a Toyota wins the Nextel championship within 10 years.
Octane

bluovalguy 10-18-2005 01:01 PM

I dont have a problem with it at all. What can it hurt? When japanese cars were becoming popular in the states, all of the die hard American car buyers blew there lids. They didnt care that the Toyota's, Honda's, etc would run 3 times as long as fords, chevys, or dodges. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge didnt really care much either. Then consumers started buying more and more foreign cars, and guess what, quality become a large priority for US automakers. I guess what I am saying is that fresh competition will only make the racing better.

Patrick 11-01-2005 04:11 PM

i dont get into nascar enough to care, really. octane, i wasnt arguging that the imports shouldnt be allowed in because of the drivetrain, i was arguing that NONE of these cars should be allowed in, except maybe the charger...but they are no longer "stock cars"..remember when they had to sell 500 of a car to race it? even if you wanted to change the rear glass line, you had to sell some of them.

58Edsel 01-10-2006 12:54 AM

NEVER!!! They already had to put on restrictor plates so the GM garbage could play with the big boys. Who wants to see a 30 MPH race so the Jap garbage can keep up?

The Japs have NEVER built a fast car and have NO racing heritage whatsoever! The introduction of this into the truck series is why I will NEVER watch it. I will also boycott NASCAR if they cave in.

Higgy9991 09-12-2006 09:58 PM

THE JAPS CAN BE CONPETATIVE BUT ITS STILL AN AMERICAN SPORT THAT SHOULD BE PARTICIPATED IN BY AMERICANS AND THE SKILINES AND CARMYS SHOULD STAY OVER IN JAPALSKA WERE THEY BELONG![:@]

94 4x4 ranger 09-12-2006 10:16 PM

Keep it all american

Capt.Moe 12-17-2006 08:42 PM

Voted let them in, they are now being made in america thus should be allowed.
Plus, the japs let american's into a jap sport of drifting, so why can't you blasted Yank's be just a nice?

typoon 03-11-2007 02:48 PM

its an american sport and it needs to stay that way