New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

02 Ford Explorer XLT

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Default 02 Ford Explorer XLT

I have a 02 Ford Explorer XLT I purchased a few months ago for $5,000 with 186,000 miles on it ( very clean).I never bought a car with this kind of milage on it! it ran well for the first 3 months and then it would not shift. I had a new ford transmission put in for $ 3,000 and it ran for about 2 weeks. I filled it up with gas and drove it for 2 days and then it would not start?
I pumped the gas pedal and it started fine. when it runs it runs very well and not like an old truck at all. I thought I got some bad gas so I filled it with high test and put some dry gass in it. It started great after that for about 3 weeks. I filled it again the other day and added more dry gas and it started fine for the first 3 uses. Then it would not start again? I pumped it and still nothing? I l tryed it a few times and didnt want to flod it out so I let it sit a while about 1/2 hr and then it started fine? I drove it home and parked it in my garage and am afrad to drive it as I dont want to get stuck some where? I am retired and dont have alot of mony. I have gone out to the garage and start it here and there and it starts every time?
I now have $8,000 grand in this truck and dont know what to do with it? I also spent another $300 bucks at a local Ford delarship to have it analised and they tell me nothing? Dealers always see me coming and I always get ripped off. The truck runs great if any one has any Ideas as to what I can do from here I would greatfuly appreachate it? I turn the key to on and I hear the fuel pump working so I dont think it is a fuel problem ? or is it?
Thank you
It turnd bitter cold here and now it wont start at all? It turns over fine but will not start? I sprayed some iether in it to see if it was a gass thing but still nothing. I am not use to working on these as this is the first and most likely the las one I will evwer buy?
Any one with any infomation that may help me figuer this out I would be greatfull it has sat for 2 weeks now

Last edited by Old timers; 01-06-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Now wont start at all