New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

A/c

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 03:24 PM
Default A/c

I've got a 2011 f150 v6 the a/c would not work I was told that when the freon was low the clutch would not engage & the relay would need to be bypassed with a jumper I did this & got the clutch to engage I charged the a/c it works fine & is very cold but when I remove the jumper it won't work

Old 05-31-2018, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

With the ignition Off and gauges installed, what’s the pressure reading? S/B 42 PSI. If the pressure is determined high, or low, you may not get clutch engagement. Clutch ops are through the HVAC module and the PCM communications, PCM is in charge of the AC relays coil ground for both normal cycling of the clutch as well as WOT canceling.
Since jumping the relay connector runs the comp, it would seem the ground is missing on the coil side of the relay to complete/close the relays contacts.
Possibly a Evap Temp Sensor, Low/High pressure, but to determine the cause for a no clutch engagement, a scan tool capable of monitoring HVAC PIDs is needed to prove out the possibilities. Is it a Auto or Manual temp control system?

Old 05-31-2018, 10:58 AM
Default A/C

I have a manual temp control